To welcome in Spring, Jack and I took the opportunity to plant flowers in our barrel by the front door. Jack helped mix the soil and dug the holes while I put in the plants and cleaned up all of the dirt he managed to fling out of the pot. During our activity he turned to me, smiled really big and said, "We're a good team!"
He was so excited after planting 'his' very own flowers that he insisted, "Now let's watch them grow!"
I tried to explain, "Well, they grow very slowly so it takes a long time for them to get bigger."
To which he replied, "Okay, I sit and wait for them a-grow."
The only way I could get him to relinquish his post on the front step was by telling him that flowers are like little boys in that they only grow at night when they're sleeping. (Grandma Wilde told me that trick last summer! Thanks again - it works every time! :)
Jackson holding his post and waiting for his flowers to grow.
Our pretty flowers and the best gardener in the south!
Jack holding his baby sister - one of his most favorite things to do (besides "pewing" (i.e. shooting, maiming, and/or any other form of inflicting pain) 'bad dudes' and dinosaurs.)
1 comment:
That is funny that you remember that "you grow when you are sleeping"!! We came home from your house and talked about the "parties" in Jack's tummy!! What we do to get kids to do what we want them to......
Post a Comment