Tuesday, March 03, 2009

February Review

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
EDDISON!!! 
 
Eddie's birthday was on the 6th of February, but we've had so much going on I haven't had time to post about it until now.  We can't believe he's already two years old and quickly becoming a strong-willed and independent little boy.  

*His vocabulary has grown to include words, parts of songs, and phrases like, "I nee marshmallow", "suh-where, be-yon a-sea," (the theme song from Finding Nemo), "I a suh-beam!" (He always jumps when he says this), and more.  It's so fun to hear new words from him and watch him learn every day.  
*Eddie still has his adorable curly hair which I hope stays curly forever!  For some reason it's just such a part of who he is.  I love it!
*He hasn't had his two-year appointment yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he now weighs more than Jackson.  The height difference between them is also closing in... Looks like Eddison will be our line-backer and Jack will just have to be quick. ;)  (In all fairness Jack has some mad skills with a soccer ball and in baseball already.  I don't think his size will affect his ability to be an awesome athlete.  He just won't be playing football.  Period.)
*Eddison is very ticklish and has the most infectious and amazing laugh.  It's easily one of my favorite sounds in the world.
*He loves to jump around and wrestle.  I think that's a given with Jack and Daddy in the house!
*Whenever he wants something Eddie will grab one of my (or Justin's) fingers and pull us to whatever it is he wants.  If he doesn't know the word for it we'll point to different items and name them until we get to the right item and he yells, "okay!"
*This kid loves the movies 'Wall-E' and 'Robots'.  A lot.
*Eddie also still plays with his ears when he's tired or when he's watching a movie.  It's a trademark Eddie move that I find completely adorable.

We love you, Eddison!
   
Happy Birthday, little man!  
 
Daddy and Eddie having some birthday fun.  Before I know it I'm sure Eddie will be riding the board all by himself.  Children grow too quickly!

On February 8th I turned 27 years old.  Wow.  Justin bought an amazing ice cream cake from Baskin Robbin's which kept us all fed for at least three days.  SO yummy!

Eddie enjoying his presents in his new red wagon.  :)

Of course this kid HAD to have a Wall-E cake! :)

I think he was pretty satisfied with how it turned out.  :)
**********************************************************

Nana came to visit and meet Norah for a whole week!  We did lots of shopping (THANK YOU, MOM!) and I can't wait to share pictures of Norah in all of her cute new summer outfits!  The time went too quickly and we feel that the sooner Nana moves out here the better! ;)  (hint hint!) 

So cute in her little overalls from Nana!  I'm so sad she's already outgrown them now that she's almost seven pounds!

Nana and Norah sharing some snuggle time.
 
Nana holding her favorite (and only) granddaughter.

Those eyes are still looking blue to me... This was her cute little 'ruffle-bottom' outfit for Valentine's Day.  Thank you, Nana!  There is little else as adorable as a ruffle-bottom!

For Valentine's Day my wonderful husband bought both my mom and I a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  (The picture just doesn't do them justice!)  Thanks, babe!  You'll always be my number one Valentine!

4 comments:

Molly said...

Such a cute cake! Great job! I still can't get over how tiny little Norah is. I finally took Jesse in for his 2 year check yesterday. He's 29 pounds. His 11 month old cousin is nearly that already. I've got a little guy too! (Though he has started to bulk up a bit lately, maybe he's about to shoot up.)

Lisa said...

I love the Wall-E cake! Happy birthday Eddison!

Katy said...

Hey! Wow - they are growing up! We changed our blog address, so just letting you know you can find us at
homebirthhippies(dot)blogspot

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Eddie and Jessi! It looks like you had a very eventfun and fun month. How fun to have your mom there. Seeing your mom makes me think if my grandma. The last time I saw your mom was one of the last times I saw my Grandma when I was taking her in to get her radiation treatments. I'll bet your mom loves her grandbabies!