Well, I finally caught a smile! It's not quite the full grin with the squinched-up eyes and open mouth that she did a few days ago, but it's still pretty cute! Eleanor has been such a sweet and adorable baby that I find myself wishing her to stay little forever! Instead, the time just keeps quickly going by and she's suddenly 11 weeks old today. All too soon she'll be stealing my decorative kitchen jars to put mud and bugs in for a, "bug collection," like Jack did this afternoon. Or trying to flush Jack's hoodie down the toilet like Eddison did this morning. *sigh* But the smiles make it all worth it, don't they? :)
Sugar-Bug
Jack pushes a rook forward while Eddie intently ponders his next move. (Notice Eddison's double-ear pull? Clearly it was bedtime! :) Justin has been playing 'Chess' with the boys lately. So far we've only lost a few pieces which I'm sure will turn up once we vacuum the couch or move the furniture.
A few days ago we had Riley and Tyler over to play for a couple of hours. When the gang decided they wanted to play upstairs I let them because I had locked all of the rooms I didn't want them entering and thought I had covered all my bases. WRONG! When it became all too quiet - a sure sign of mischief where toddlers are involved - I walked to the foot of the stairs and called up to ask what they were doing. As I called I noticed the a strong smell of soap and immediately climbed the stairs suspecting the worst. Jack, Tyler, and Riley were sitting in a circle on the floor and had been taking turns squirting hand-soap onto their hands and then putting it on their heads like they were washing their hair. I suspect that Jack and Riley helped Tyler with his hair. I grabbed a handful of paper towels and dampened them thinking I could use them to try to wipe as much soap as I could out of Tyler's hair (because he seemed to have the most), but when I started wiping the soap just started lathering. I was defeated. It was going to take a full on bath with LOTS AND LOTS of water to get the soap out of these kids' hair! Luckily, Jonathan picked up Riley and Tyler very shortly after the incident and I'm sure they were immediately put in the tub at home. Sorry again, Nellie and Jonathan!
3 comments:
Devon, Renie, and Jesse were taking a bath recently and I smelled that same much too strong soap aroma wafting out from the bathroom. I went in to check it out and they had dumped almost 2 entire bottles of Kennedy's shampoo into their bath. The majority of it went on Jesse's head. Such helpful children, washing his hair for me. Of course, every one of them ended up with shampoo in their eyes and I think it took a couple of days before they were soap-free. The "incidents" are never-ending around here, I tell ya.
The funny thing is that Jonathan didn't go home and put them right in the bath. In fact, I got home from the consignment sale at 10, and he informed me that he didn't have time to give them a bath. Apparently he didn't think going to bed with a head full of matted soap hair was that big of a deal. Oh well...they got a bath the next morning and it was extra sudsy in the tub :)
the picture of Eddie pulling his ears while playing chess is by far one of the funniest pictures i have ever seen:-) it totally looks like he is plotting his next move and is concentrating extra hard. plus the fact that Jack is moving a pawn makes it look like a real game. :-) totally love it:-)
Post a Comment