Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day 2009!

How do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day besides wearing green?  I dressed the boys and Norah with their green shirts and then explained to Jack that we were all wearing green because it was St. Patrick's Day.  He looked at me and said, "I don't like St. Patrick's Day... I like BLUE!"  Clearly we weren't off to a good start.  Since there really isn't a whole lot else to do (particularly if you're LDS ;) for the holiday except drink and eat brisket (which I have no idea how to make) I thought I would surprise the boys with lunch at McDonald's (it sounds Irish, right?).  Besides their lunches I got a small vanilla shake for them to share at home and mixed in green food coloring before presenting it to them.  Eddie refused to even taste it and Jack gave it back to me after a few bites because, "It not good for me."  (I think he got a brain-freeze and didn't know what to think of it.)
*sigh*  Maybe next year I'll come up with something clever to make St. Patrick's Day a little more appealing. :)
     
Eddie loves to wear Justin's and my shoes. :)

Surprise!

St. Patty's Day Smile

Nuggets, juice, and a spider-man toy - does lunch get much better?

Eleanor's First St. Patrick's Day

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

My sister had the cutest idea and told her 3 1/2 yr old that a little leprechaun was coming to play tricks on them and while he was playing tricks some of his gold might fall out of his pockets. Well he turned the milk green and all the toilet water in the house. He turned all the kitchen chairs over and left chocolate gold coins all over the house. She told me after the fact of course so I did nothing yesterday but I think that we might try that next year!!

jessie said...

Lyndsey - That's a fabulous idea! I'm totally going to try that next year! :) That is SO much more fun than lunch at McDonald's, LOL!!!

Unknown said...

cute pics. She is adorable!

Molly said...

We get Shamrock shakes at McDonalds and when I'm on my game we do the Leprechaun tricks and I make clover shaped sugar cookies. But check out Heather Barlow's blog- she goes all out! (You can get to it from my blog- I can't remember the URL and I'm lazy! ;)

Train Gang said...

Do people say that Norah looks like Mommy? I'm seeing some Mommy in there and not sure if I'm the only one...???