Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dear First Presidency...

The Accomplice

The Instigator

I am with great humility writing to formally request a replacement copy of my Patriarchal Blessing as my original has been damaged (or more accurately desecrated) beyond repair or recognition.  

It appears that in the midst of an exploratory expedition of my husbands and my bedroom one of our sons, three-year old, Jackson or two-year old, Eddison, happened upon my Blessing.   Their subsequent adventures then brought the boys downstairs where I noticed Jack chewing on a pulpy mass of paper.  Apparently, and for reasons only he will ever know (perhaps a lack in dietary fiber?), Jack had decided to ingest my Blessing in almost its entirety.  Only just enough material was retrieved from his mouth to confirm that it was in fact the suspected document while the rest, unfortunately, was already being digested...literally. 

I wish I could report that Jackson's attitude was remorseful and that my husband's and my  reproach of him was without poorly concealed laughter, but in this regrettable event neither is true.  We have, however, made a concerted effort to safely secure all remaining important documents and/or paper materials from the reach of our toddler's peculiar palate.  

In the future I can attest that my replacement copy will be laminated.

Sincerely,
The Mom

5 comments:

Jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Train Gang said...

ok, i'm left with a question...was it a shrunkin version, or the full monty? lol.

Katy said...

awwww, how sad!

jessie said...

Dalee, It was the full monty. :) Luckily my blessing was only one page, right? LOL!

merathon said...

i hope that this is the actual letter you are sending to the First Presidency-- that is hilarious! i wonder if eddie learned anything about you through osmosis??