Jackson has insisted all month:
"I need a scary face on my pumpkin to scare away the monsters! And Eddie need a funny face on his pumpkin because mine be too scary a-him! Yeah, he too little for a scary face."
I think it's pretty cute he's so concerned with Eddison being too scared! Anyway - Justin took charge of the 'scary face' pumpkin while I went to work on Eddie's 'funny face' pumpkin. The boys were very happy with the end results - even if neither of us win any awards with our primitive designs. ;)
Since the party was on Monday evening I decided to load up the boys and meet Justin at the Johnston's house as this would save time and allow more time for me to get the boys fed before Justin got there. While on our way the new Taylor Swift song, 'Love Story', came on the radio so I turned it up and started singing along. This is what happened next:
Me (loudly singing the lyrics): "You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess..."
Jackson (interrupting): "Mommy! Mom!"
Me: "What?!"
Jack (declaring adamantly): "You can't be a princess! You're a mommy!"
Me (trying to keep a straight face): "Why can't I be a princess, too?"
Jack: "Daddy a-be mad at you if you be a princess and he take you to a-doctor and a-doctor would take your dress."
Me (failing to keep a straight face): "Well why would Daddy be mad if I was a princess?"
Jack (annoyed at my questioning): "If you a-princess then Daddy not know who you are!"
Okay - that's enough blogging for now! I need to stop avoiding my tasks at hand which include attempting to MAKE transformer costumes for the boys (though he has never seen the movie Jack has seen the commercials and Justin has explained to him all about how cool transformers are.). Jackson is determined that he needs to be 'Optimus Prime' and that Eddie needs to be 'Bumblebee'. After searching for some ready-made versions (I admit I was hoping to just be able to buy their costumes this year!) and finding that they simply don't make transformer costumes for little guys I was forced to agree to make them. (Jack is just so excited about he and Eddie being transformers! How can I say no to that?!) Don't worry - I'll post pictures of the finished product. :)
I'm also attempting to re-upholster my glider chair since the fabric I wanted (green with polka-dots) finally went 50% off! Wish me luck! I'm now beyond the point of no return - meaning I've stripped the original fabric so I have to press onward. Oh, the things we do for our little ones! LOL!!! :)
I'm also attempting to re-upholster my glider chair since the fabric I wanted (green with polka-dots) finally went 50% off! Wish me luck! I'm now beyond the point of no return - meaning I've stripped the original fabric so I have to press onward. Oh, the things we do for our little ones! LOL!!! :)
3 comments:
Your so lucky, pumpkin carving and chili at the Johnston's is very fun. Your pumpkins turned out really cute, the scary one and the funny one. Good luck with the transformer costumes.
I'm having a little bumble bee too(well 2 to be truthful). I can't wait to see pics, I couldn't come up with any designs so just bought one and hemmed it up. I have a pic of it on my page if you need ideas. can't wait to see the finished product!
Nathan's is 4T, but now that I think of it he is a lot bigger than Jackson.
Thank You btw:)
Post a Comment