Interestingly we were unable to take home our new van because it was on empty and alas there was still no gas to be found at any of the stations near the dealership. Since the vehicle comes with a 'free tank of gas' we had no qualms about leaving it there until they were able to accommodate us! (A tank of gas is $70!) Sunday - no gas. Monday - no gas. FINALLY - yesterday afternoon we were able to go pick up our new car and bring it home.
After naps I loaded up the kids' car seats and we took our first trip - (which happened to be to Wal-Mart of all places) and I bought a pint of Haagen-Daaz mango sorbet and three apples to celebrate our new purchase. I had to justify the use of gas, right? :) It feels great to be surrounded by so much space while driving and the boys love their new views. I'll admit that there was a time (pre-child #2) when Justin and I had sworn to ourselves that we would never own a mini-van. I think this stemmed from his childhood wherein neither of his parents liked mini-vans and always drove big SUV's instead. However, with fuel prices and most importantly CONVENIENCE we changed our minds when Eddie came along. Justin had a harder time accepting the mini-van idea and found plenty of good deals on large SUV's for me to look over, but it always came down to the kids: Jack and Eddie (and our future children) can easily climb into the mini-van on their own and with sliding doors I don't have to strain to reach and buckle my growing boys.
So here we are - a happy family with a mini-van. (At least until we run out of seats and need to upgrade to the industrial-sized vehicle. :)
7 comments:
I was so sick of driving a mini-van! We bought the Mountaineer and I loved it- then surprise baby #5 came along and it is tight! Anxiously awaiting the day when it's paid off and we can go back to a minivan! Good choice! Enjoy!
that is one fancy minivan! (trying to not be jealous :)) congrats!
i love it (as much as i can love a minivan, because as you know, i too have a hang-up about them)! you are SO going to love the convenience and that makes up for any hatred! welcome to the club, jess! (once my kids are older, i'm out of the club. . .)
You're a minivan owner! I think there was a time when we were wearing argyle socks and playing soccer that we promised we would never own mini-vans. Oh how times have changed. Can I have a spin around town in it when I get there? (p.s. There may or may not be a future blog posting about my South American experience..LOL!)
Don't you love new cars? Enjoy it! It's fun that you, me and Misty all got new cars and they are all grey how crazy!
welcome to the club :) i hoped i would never drive one but it is SOOO much easier and the perks outweigh everything else for sure!!! have fun trying to find it in the parking lot -- it's a pretty popular car :)
Enjoy!
that is funny about people mentioning the "hang ups" they have about minivans...could be true...unless ofcourse you got the minivan that you got! there is nothing nerdy about the Oddesey. That is one sweet ride. I'm not being funny. its the queen of the minis as far as i'm concerned. robb and I like them the best for sure. Robb and I promised ourselves we WOULD get a minivan...but NOT a Dodge Caravan (a different brand like the HOnda!!)...and then, what do you know we found a deal on a caravan. such is life! :) congrats! you won't ever look back
Post a Comment