Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Baby Girl's Nursery, 23 weeks, and Picaso

After deliberating for the past month over what to do for Baby Girl's nursery bedding I finally made a decision and am SO happy with the results! I had originally wanted to use a few of the fabrics from the Amy Butler collection I am using to make the Chubby Chicks quilt for the crib skirt, bumper, windows, etc., but after getting the charm squares in the mail I decided that they weren't exactly the colors I had envisioned for a nursery. (Though they will be adorable in the quilt!) After scouring the usual online fabric stores and finding nothing to inspire me I was a little disappointed and decided that it would probably just be easier to buy a bedding set. (After all - the quilt will keep me busy for the next year, I'm sure!) However, I couldn't find anything I absolutely loved for a good price. There was a Pottery Barn set I was considering and that Justin insisted we could budget for (he really liked it), but I was still undecided.

Then two nights ago I declared that I needed to go to the fabric store because my nesting mode is starting to kick in and I needed to decide whether we were going to just go ahead and get the PB set or whether I was going to do something else. I ended up walking out of Hancock's with two fabrics that match the scrapbook paper I am using as my guide to decorate exactly! And I got them both at 50% off ($24 total and that will make the crib skirt, window valances, and a few throw pillows!)! I am now officially super excited about the nursery and can't wait to get started on everything!

(Click picture to enlarge for detail)
I purchased several sheets of the cutest scrapbook paper I've ever seen over a year ago with the hopes that someday I'd have a baby girl and be able to use it to make/inspire some of her nursery decor. :) Luckily I didn't have to wait long! :)
The crib skirt and valances will primarily be made from the leaf patterned fabric and trimmed with the stripes. I will be using the polka-dotted fabric (which wasn't on sale so I haven't gotten yet...I'm patiently waiting for it to go 40 - 50% off!) to recover my glider. (Jack took a pen to the cushions and it's in desperate need of re-upholstery!) Can I even describe how excited I am that everything seems to have been made to go together?! :)

So this is not nursery related, but I had to take a picture of these adorable socks my mom bought Baby Girl while she was here visiting. SO cute!

Me at 23 weeks pregnant and on the phone. What else is new? :) Look at that belly! I have definitely moved into the 'rapid growth' section of the pregnancy! :)

Jack drew this today and I had to share... He pointed out from left to right: "Daddy, Jack, Eddie, Mommy." I love that Daddy only has one eye and is about 1/3 the size of the rest of us...LOL!!!


4 comments:

Katie said...

That little girl is going to have a beautiful nursery!!

And you, my friend, are just adorable!!!

Julie Nielsen said...

I love the fabric. It's super cute! Can't wait to see the finished product. By the way, you look great!

merathon said...

SUCH a cute belly and cute fabric/paper! i love that paisley one especially. her room will be the envy of every girl on the block! she's so lucky to have such a talented mom!

can i be really cliche and say you're glowing??? :)

Audrey said...

cute fabrics! girls are so fun :0)