Friday, October 17, 2008

Counting My Blessings

Today has been one for reflection. Maybe it's the overcast and rainy day that has me pensive and nostalgic - or maybe it's the overdose of serotonin from all of the Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkin's I've consumed over the course of the afternoon? Regardless, I have had some time to reflect on my little family and how in just a few months there will be a whole new dynamic when baby #3 makes her appearance. I worry and wonder about whether I will have enough time to truly show each of my children how much I love them and just how important and special they are! Every night during family prayers (and my own personal prayers) I ask that Jack, Eddie, and Baby Girl will know how much they are loved by their Mommy, Daddy, and Heavenly Father. I think I feel a need to include this in every prayer because I lack the ability and the words to describe to them on my own just how much we love them!

I love my boys! I love that Jackson has a new game where he will come up to me and with a worried expression use his deep 'police-man' voice to ask,

"Excuse me Miss, did you lose your kitten?"
I always have to say, "Oh, yes! Could you help me find it, please?! I'm so worried about her!" Then he replies in the gruff voice, "O-tay, sure! I find it!"
(My 'kitten' is always hiding under something relatively close-by.)

How is it that I can still remember when I found out I was pregnant with him like it was yesterday and yet it's been over three years?! And now I have two precious boys and a new baby girl on the way?! I can't help but marvel and wonder at how Justin and I have been SO blessed! Our children are the most amazing blessings we have ever received and I wish there were words to describe the joy they bring! (All you mommies know what I'm talking about!)

I read in my Parenting magazine a few weeks ago that the average toddler laughs over 200 times a day (easy for me to believe when all I have to do is look at Eddison with my eyebrows raised and he starts belly-laughing!), while the average adult laughs only 4 times a day. I had to laugh at the statistic! I immediately had the thought that the magazine must have only polled adults who don't have toddlers! LOL! Anyone with a toddler (and a sense of humor) laughs almost as much as their child - even if most of the time it's at something funny their toddler is saying or doing. ;) I am so grateful to have a reason to laugh more than 4 times a day... Exponentially more than 4 times a day!

Here are some pictures of my two adorable and entertaining tow-heads taken during a recent photo shoot for Hucklebaby:

Jackson had no problem snuggling up to the blanket when the photographer asked him to hold it closely! :)

The photo-shoot was in the huge (and gorgeous!) backyard of Nellie's sister-in-law, Michelle. They happen to keep chickens and Michelle was gracious enough to let one of them out for Jack to chase. Having been raised from its infancy in a house with four children this chicken was so used to being terrorized that she didn't run much. Jack soon resorted to trying to scare her with his monster growl and face. (This, too, didn't seem to phase her much.)

And since she still didn't run he contented himself with observing her leave a little present on the lawn. (And no, it was not an egg.)

Eddie cautiously observing the scene before taking a swift ride down the slide!

While the photographer (Sabrina) was trying to get pictures of Riley modeling a Hucklebaby dress, Eddison kept running into the picture to 'talk' (a.k.a. babble) to her. He was very insistent and from a distance it looked like he was trying to give her instructions on how to model. I was so glad Sabrina was able to capture the moment! It was hilarious!

Eddie also had no problem toting a rag-quilt around for some pictures!

Alas - he couldn't resist snuggling up to the chenille backing, either. :)

One more cute shot of Jack - who surprisingly actually smiled during the shoot when requested instead of making his typical 'scary monster' face. :)


5 comments:

Jennie said...

Way cute pictures and I totally know what you mean about laughing all the time. Catherine just does stuff that I can't help but laugh.

merathon said...

i love those pictures. you have such cute boys-- i can't wait to see what a wilde GIRL will look like!

Melanie said...

Jessica--your boys are just so stinkin cute in those pictures...amazing. I LOVE LOVE your fabric choices for your little girls room. And, I don't know if you are wondering people's opinions on the name, but Noelle is my favorite! Feminine and distinct. Love it! :)

ajjdnndm'smom said...

THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!!
So what name are you leaning toward?

Audrey said...

thanks Jess, I needed to read that sweet post right now. I just cleaned up Noah after he decided to 'paint' choco. milk on himself...followed (of course after all cleaned up) by actual paint all over himself, floor... you know how that goes. :0)