Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Easter Weekend 2008

We started the weekend with some mild child labor...of which I am not opposed. Child labor laws are silly and out-dated (kidding...it's from a movie!). First Jackson gave Eddison and me a leisurely ride around the cul-de-sac. I promise this was more fun for Jack than the picture would imply. :-)
Then Jackson graciously posed for a few pictures sporting the cute bunny ears I bought and hid from Justin (he's historically averse to my attempts at holiday costumes for the boys). These lasted about two minutes and then Justin saw them and demanded they be removed from our SON'S head. Apparently bunny ears on a little girl would be, "cute," but, "not on a dude."

Eddie witnessed the exchange and said, "Daddy, let's discuss this rationally. You should know that Jackson and I are both secure in our masculinity and have no intention of forming an attachment to playing dress-up, eating food with our pinkies turned up, or wanting to be princesses for Halloween. Mommy seems to think it's adorable when we indulge her by wearing these little holiday accessories and because we love her, we're willing to endure a few minutes of humility and photography. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a lawn to mow."

Eddie had so much fun helping Justin and Jackson mow! It was his first time working alongside Daddy and big brother and I loved watching all three of them.


Justin will usually skate holding the boys, but I love it when he gets down and pushes them like this:
Eddison loves going fast!

The next group of pictures is from the 2nd Annual Scienski Family Easter-Egg Hunt! We didn't think Eddie would really know what to do, but he got the hang of it really quickly and was picking up eggs and loading his basket before Jackson! It was hysterical! He must be paying more attention than we realize! Jackson, however, managed to find a few eggs and then opened one and discovered there was candy inside. He was done. Once he found the treats he just took a seat and started unwrapping the candy and shoveling it into his mouth. We kept saying, "Jackson! First find more eggs and THEN eat the candy!" But he was content with his five eggs. (There was AT LEAST a hundred eggs that had been hidden around the yard! You couldn't step without seeing at least ten eggs, but he was just focused on the candy!)





Justin got a workout running and pulling five kids around the yard in a wagon. It was really cute! Here's an action shot (Katelyn was holding onto Eddie for dear life. I think she was concerned that he might fall out. :-):







For Easter Sunday we had a combined dinner at our house with the Harris's and the Burgess's. We also had the Sister Missionaries join us for our feast and it was a perfect fit! We just squished the kitchenette table into the dining room and put the kids at a little card table that Julie brought. Eddie of course had premier seating. :-)





The Easter Bunny brought the boys a new basketball hoop! Jackson has a little friend (his name is 'Henry', but Jackson calls him 'Huggy'...LOL!!) who has a basketball hoop and he LOVES playing with it at, "Huggy's house!" We liked the idea of getting them something they can use rather than a bunch of candy (though they got some of that, too!! That Easter Bunny is a sucker!). They also each got a new stuffed animal (Eddie got a frog beanie baby because he's been sticking out his tongue as far as he can lately and it's so long! It looks like a little frog tongue!) And Jackson got an "allibator" beanie baby because he loves alligators and we love hearing him call them, "allibators." Grandma and Grandpa Wilde sent them each some fun Easter stickers, too!


We hope you all had a great Easter! Vacation pictures are coming up soon!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Great pictures. I especially love the skate boarding ones. I can't wait to hear about your trip to Sunny Cali! (jealous!!)

Molly said...

Glad you're back- I really enjoy your blog- I always get a good chuckle. Keep it comin'!

Katie said...

My goodness, who replaced your baby Eddie with a big boy?! And could he look more like his Daddy? ;)

Love the family pictures, especially the scateboarding-how fun!