Sunday, April 13, 2008

WICKED! (And videos!)




On Thursday afternoon I FINALLY was able to see a musical I've been dying to see since its debut...Wicked! My friend's mom was able to buy tickets before Christmas at a discounted group rate so this big event has been on my calendar for months! It was SO worth the wait! After the show was over I came home and immediately bought the original Broadway casts soundtrack on itunes so I could learn the songs. :-)

My only critique - as shared by and initially pointed out by Nellie - the actor who played Fiyero sang through his nose which hardly sounded masculine! I realize that it may be too much to ask for any of the actors to NOT be gay, but that's why it's called ACTING! Luckily on the soundtrack Fiyero sounds convincingly manly.

Also - in my personal opinion the actresses who played Elphaba and Glinda in the production we saw sang much better than those on the original soundtrack! (Particularly Glinda's hilarious rendition of the song 'Popular'!) We were so lucky to be able to enjoy such an amazing show! Thanks to Sis. Cheney!!! :-)

I'm also including a couple of videos of the boys. While I was in California Justin took Jack to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. He said it was so funny that I had to buy the DVD to watch Jackson watch it...and of course I recorded one of his performances. So cute! LOL!! My favorite part is when he takes a bow at the end.. If you can't tell what he's doing he's playing his, "Bee-tar." In order to have a perfect performance Jackson requires two things:
1. He must be in ONLY his undies
2. He must be on the coffee table (a.k.a. the, "stage.")



The video of Eddison shows just how dirty he gets during an average dinnertime...(He's eating black-bean and salsa chicken with brown rice for those of you who care to know, lol!!) I love when he plays peek-a-boo!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun!!!I love a good musical too! I havn't seen any in years. I used to all the time in NYC. You inspired me. I need to go see a good show. I love the videos! Its so fun to see kids copy things they see. They are some of our greatest entertainment right? Eddies peek a boo is crazy! I love how playing peek a boo adds more food to his eyes and nose. He is adorable!!!
I also loved reading about your trip! I want to go to San Diego so bad! I have heard from so many how awesome it is there! How blessed you are to have a sister there.

Erin said...

I am so JEALOUS!

Lisa said...

Wow, Wicked sounds WICKED (sorry, that was awful, but I couldn't resist). BTW, I remember you blogging about a dye-job-gone-bad a while ago, but I think your hair looks amazing here!

Love the videos; your kids are so dang adorable and funny.

Katie said...

That was one of my little sister's favorite musicals =)

Train Gang said...

I agree with lisa, your hair is totally sexy (is that ok to say?) and I LOVE Wicked musical score! and would love to see it.