Monday, March 31, 2008

Homeward Bound!

Right now I am sitting in an extremely comfortable and overstuffed reading chair. My view is of the beautifully blue Pacific ocean and a cloudless blue sky. The beach is just a few minutes' walk away and Eddison and I have ventured there on our own a few times to watch the waves and eat some sand (I can't say that I'm much of a connoisseur, but Eddie seems to enjoy it!). This mini week-long vacation to stay with my big sister in gorgeous Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California has been a treat...but I miss the other half of my little family! Back in NC Justin and Jackson have been painting the town! Movies, trips to the mall, Home Depot, Lowe's, you name it! I know they've had tons of fun, but I think they're missing us, too.

Tonight I board the airplane (well, the first of three) that will return us to the Carolina's and make our family whole again! I've missed Jackson's non-stop craziness and random questions and comments. I've also missed (but don't tell him!) Justin and his non-stop craziness and random questions and comments. :-)

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the flight. To begin with - I don't enjoy flying. Add a toddler and a red-eye flight to the mix and all I can do is laugh and say, "Is this a joke?!" Sadly, it's not...it's my very near future and I'd appreciate any prayers on our behalf! :-)

I have lots of pictures from Eddison's first trip to Cali and I'll share them as soon as I'm home and unpacked! He's been a HIT here.. I think Julia may try to sneak him into her purse when she takes me to the airport. I also made Justin promise to buy a disposable camera to take pictures of his and Jack's 'man-week' so I'll see if that task was completed and get those online, too.

See you soon!

No comments: