
Last weekend we had the opportunity drive up to the mountains with some good friends to go camping. Being Eddison's first camping experience we were extremely hopeful for a good experience and were not disappointed! It was GORGEOUS and our campsite was right next to a little creek in which many a rock was thrown (by Jack and Riley) and there was even a little skinny dipping (at least by Jackson)! On the second day we hiked up to see a series of waterfalls and were taken back by how beautiful the spring-time scenery was! The toddlers hiked by themselves for almost the entire walk up (1 mile!) and made sure to stop and investigate everything!!! It was so fun watching them just enjoy the outdoors. (On the way down, however, we decided to pick up the pace a little and took turns carrying the 'big' kids. Eddison and Tyler were already getting a free ride from the daddy's!)

The Boys I

Scouting for good 'throwing rocks'!

At first Jackson was getting rocks from the campsite and one by one taking them down to the creek to throw. He was SO excited when I gave him an empty cup and showed him how he could fill it up with a bunch of rocks in only one trip... I love that something so simple not only made me the best mom ever, but that it made him so happy, too! If only he would ALWAYS be this easy to please! :-)

Jackson in his element ! Right when we arrived he took his shirt off and was exploring the campsite. I love that the boys feel so comfortable in the outdoors! I LIVED outside when I was little and this whole mini-vacation was like a breath of fresh Montana Mountain air! I was SO excited to be in a place that 'felt' more like home!

Heading to the mountains Jackson had to,
"Go Peep!!!" With not a store in sight the only solution was to pull over and let him 'water the tires.' This was the FIRST time he's ever peep'd outside!!! Unfortunately, after 'peeping' outside for the whole trip he's been dropping trou in our yard and our friends' yards! We're doing our best to explain that it's only okay when we're camping, but I think it may take a few more reminders before he gets the point!

Family Picture at the beautiful Falls!

This was so amazing to see! Notice the tree roots growing AROUND the rock?! Jackson thought it was a perfect rest stop.

Jack and Riley: Friends Forever!

Eddison Wilde: Proving that not everyone looks as tired and scrubby as mommy in the morning!
"That's right! I'm the KING of this tent! I don't care if I have bedhead and there's a dog sledding on my jammies... I own this place!"

Jackson's rock formation. He made me stop for a few minutes on our hike so he could construct this little pyramid. I thought it was funny that he had suddenly and randomly decided he wanted to do this. Maybe a future architect? Or Egyptian slave?

Eddison entertained himself by pulling daddy's hair. He thought it was SO funny! Justin - you're a trooper!!!

Jackson may over four months older than Riley, but she's already surpassed him in height! Good thing he loves taller women... Too bad she broke his heart. ;-) (See Nellie's blog!)

Jackson dislikes having his picture taken. A lot. So this was the best shot Justin was able to get of 'Mommy and Jackson'. :)

The Boys II

I love this little guy!

Of course Eddie wanted to feel the water, too! Don't worry, little Frog, you can go in next time when it's not so cold! (While the caption in the picture below explains why I allowed Jackson to wade, Eddie was/is just too little for mommy to feel comfortable with in frigid water! Plus he's a tank, but his coordination is spotty...LOL! Not a good combo in a rushing creek!)

Skinny Dipping!!! Jackson had a hard time coming to terms with having to wear swim shorts. Apparently he doesn't remember the pool last summer! He kept saying,
"No shorts! I taking a bath!" (FYI - It was cold! REALLY cold! Like Montana's Flathead Lake in June cold! I explained to Justin that: 1. Little kids don't feel the cold...That's why they're always the first to jump in! My sisters and I grew up on and swam daily (excepting fall/winter/early spring!) in Flathead Lake. The phrase, "The water is great once you get used to it!" was always code for, "You'll be fine once the shock is over and your body goes numb'. LOL!! Jackson LOVED it!

"Fresh mountain air and a sippy-cup of juice...Does life get better?!"

This is the first time the boys have ever slept together! SO CUTE!!!
A BIG THANK YOU to the Cheney's for letting us borrow all of their camping equipment! :-)
2 comments:
wow those were some great shots!
It looks like you guys had a blast! So fun for the little guys to be out in nature...you are a trooper because I know that sometimes it is not so fun for the mom....but all I see is a smile on your face too!!!
Post a Comment