Eddison's reaction: "What do I think about Jackson's new hair??? Umm....(forced smile) it looks great! Really...umm...interesting!"
Just minutes before the carnage ensued. Look at those beautiful curls!!!
The votes were tallied and despite my best efforts to disuade him, Justin insisted that it was time to cut Jack's hair. Actually - he approached me about it and I said, "No way." Then he went on to make a case for why we should cut it and I finally said (knowing it was about 8:00 p.m. and American Idol was about to start... A show we don't miss!), "Fine! But only if you cut it right now! If you wait, no dice!" Justin surprised me by scooping up Jackson and heading to the drug store to purchase a new set of clippers. He returned with the instrument of destruction and proceeded upstairs to our bathroom, me tagging closely behind with the camera to document the events.
I know it will grow back - and yet there I was, taking pictures of those beautiful curls being shorn away to leave behind less than 1/4 of an inch of fuzz. This wasn't his first haircut...or even his second, but I still cried. This is by far the shortest his hair has ever been. Even the tiny amount of hair he was born with was longer than this!
Jackson LOVES his new hair. His first reaction when he saw himself in the mirror was, "Jackson's a teeny-tiny baby now!"
*Sigh* Of course I still think he looks adorable...But I told Justin we are never cutting it that short again! (I know, I know...never say never!) And a word of warning if you're reading this, Just.... Don't even THINK about getting near Eddison's curls with those clippers!
5 comments:
SOOOOO cute!!! I know, I know I LOVED the curls on my kids too...it is hard to let that go.
So funny that he should say that he looks like a baby when it actually makes him look older!!
He (and you) will love it during the hot summer ..... such a perfect time to do it with all the sweating and swimming that goes on!!
Love it! Love it! Love it! I am all about short, clean haircuts for my boys (of course they don't have curls like Jack)!! He now looks like he's about to turn 3!! What a big boy!
I gotta say I think it's purty durn cute. Seriously, I love it short. It makes him look like a toughy- very manly.
I think Daddy's arm hair is now longer than Jackson's hair!!!!
LOLOL!!!!
Ok, the kid looks so darn cute! Both ways of course, but I love the hair cut. My friend videotaped when her husband cut their little guys hair. He was crying the whole time, but not because his hair was gone, but because he wanted the cutters!
Post a Comment