Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Eddie's Prayers and Jack's Flower

There are some moments in this journey of motherhood that definitely touch my heart so much that joy is indescribable and tears are inevitable. One of these precious moments happened two nights ago when Justin and I peeked up from saying our blessing on the food (to check that Jackson wasn't sneaking a 'broccoli tree') only to find Eddison intently folding his arms and looking down, then looking up at us as though he was checking to make sure he was doing everything correctly. His expression was just so sweet and innocent and neither Justin or I had been practicing 'prayers' with him - he just did it on his own. I grabbed the camera as quickly as I could and caught a couple of pictures before rushing over to scoop him up and give him kisses and hugs and tell him how proud we were of him. Even Jackson was clapping for his little 'brudder'!


And another precious moment occurred yesterday as I was loading Jackson into the car to run some errands. While I was buckling him into his carseat he was looking over my shoulder and suddenly became really excited when he saw one of these in our front yard:

He said, "Momma! Look! Look! A-get Jackson a-SOCCER flower?!!! Please? Please?!" I turned around and saw what he was pointing to and just laughed! It does kind of look like a soccer ball! LOL!! :-)

I LOVE my little men!!!


2 comments:

Sheen Family said...

What a sweet little boy!! I can't wait until the next time I get to hug on him!! Isn't it amazing how our little ones learn from their older brothers (both good and not so good). But the good stuff is priceless!! We love those boys of yours!

PS - I couldn't see the picture of the "soccer" flower!

ajjdnndm'smom said...

We always hope that our kids will do as they are TOLD....but mostly they do what they SEE!! Apparently,...... you are doing something right in your household!!!
They are so darling!!!