Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Special Father's Day 2011

Six years ago I managed to give Justin the best Father's Day present ever... Our firstborn child, Jackson Paul! (Although in all fairness I was just as surprised at his arrival as Justin was since he was three weeks ahead of schedule.) Since Father's day is always on a Sunday it will only coincide with Jack's birthday every six or seven years - and this year marked the second time it has occurred. A special day indeed!

Since I was in charge of Sharing Time for the month of June I got to decide on a Father's Day activity. I found this cute idea on Sugardoodle! It's a little questionnaire card I had each of the children fill out and then I taped them to a bag of popcorn (hence the, "I love you, Pop!") for them to take home to their dad's. Their answers for the questionnaire were priceless! (You can click on the picture above to see what the boys answered about Justin. I love that Jack thinks Justin is 80 years old! Ha ha!)

The boys IN-SIS-TED that we get this new charcoal grill for Justin when we saw it at Costco several days before Father's Day. Justin had made me promise not to get him anything since he was planning on buying an iPad, but he's talked about wanting a grill "like Jonathan's" (a friend of ours who has a charcoal grill) because (to quote Justin), "It just tastes better!" So when the boys saw this one they got all excited and Jack said, "Mom, let's just go check it out." What am I supposed to say to that?! So we walked over to where it was and it was set up and there was only one left. Needless to say I couldn't say no to the kids - especially since it was a gift for Justin and they were just so dang excited about getting it for him! (And it worked out because Justin ended up not getting an iPad after all.)

The grill ended up being perfect since he and Jack requested shrimp tacos for their Father's Day/Birthday dinner. There really is something to be said for keeping it old-school with the charcoal grill flavor! :)

I also had a special gift for Justin made on Etsy... A black t-shirt that has a silhouette of Rob and Big on it and says, "Do Work, Son." He loved it. :)
Instead of having the kids pick out cards for Justin, I had them make him some lovely homemade cards! (Norah's is the big pink one, Jack's is in the middle and Eddie's is on the end.) You really need to click on the photo to see Jack's illustration of Justin up close (complete with googly eyes). I still crack up when I see it! :)

Four lucky kiddos with the best Daddy in the world!

1 comment:

merathon said...

had no idea justin liked rob and big-- we crack up at that show at our house as well! let's see justin modeling the shirt!