Dear Beckett,
Yep - I am combining your 10 and 11 month birthdays because the past several weeks have just gone by in a blur and you are growing and changing so much that it's been hard to keep up with you! One thing hasn't changed, though, and that is your smiling and happy face. Never has there been a more agreeable baby! Even with your swollen gums and little bottom teeth that seemed to take forever to finally erupt through that last layer of skin you have still been your smiley (and slobbery!) self. In other big news you are now waving 'hello' and saying (not just babbling), "Mama." It is so adorable when you are crawling around and calling, "Mama! Mama!" while you're looking for me. Melts my heart every time!
At 10 months you finally decided to ditch the army/worm/frog crawl and graduated to textbook crawling with sudden lightning speed and agility. Then you threw us another curve ball when you decided to add pulling-up (on everything!) to the pot just a few days later! Things on our to-do list: buy new baby gates and lower the crib mattress.
You can see how swollen your little gums are along with the tell-tale teething drool dripping down your chin. This was just days before your first little tooth finally popped through!
I think you were just as happy as I was for that little tooth to emerge and the pressure to be relieved in your poor little mouth. Even with the discomfort I knew you were in you were only unable to sleep one night - and some mommy snuggles and infant Tylenol soon solved the problem. I think the fact that you suck on your fingers (along with your temperament, of course) may have helped in making teething an easier process than it was for your brothers and sister (so far, anyway).
My sweet little Beckett, if only I could freeze you at this age for at least another year! You make the whole family smile and we couldn't imagine life without you! Norah's very first priority when she wakes up is to open your door to see if you're still, "fweeping." Then your brother's fight over who gets to pick you up from your crib and bring you to me. You spend your mornings (and afternoons... and evenings... basically any time we're at home) crawling all around after your siblings or Daddy or me - all the while looking for any scraps of food someone may have dropped. You love to sample anything you can find and I recently discovered (as in today!) while changing your diaper that yesterday you found a sizable chunk of a red crayon and decided to just go for gold and swallow it whole! I'm not sure I even want to know what else you may have swallowed in the past few months!
I know there are some very big milestones you are rapidly approaching like walking, your first birthday, your first airplane ride (which will be Norah's first plane ride, too!), more teeth, words, and so much more! And we are so honored and excited to be a part of all of it!
Love always,
Mommy, Daddy, Jackson, Eddison & Eleanor
No comments:
Post a Comment