Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Week (so far) in Review

Jackson (frustrated as he's looking unsuccessfully for more legos for the obstacle course we're building):  "Aw, man!  I'm freaking out!"
Me:  "Where did you learn to say that?!"
Jackson (matter-of-factly):  "PBS."

Well, I can pretty much guarantee there are no shows on PBS wherein the character says they're "freaking out"!  LOL!  I'm sure he picked it up from me as I was on the phone, probably describing Eddison when I've denied him candy or something else he wants really badly.  :)  

This week has been so crazy and it's only Wednesday!  So far:

* Bumblebee went missing, but was found (by me) in my nightstand drawer.  The culprit tried to explain to me that the drawer was Bumblebee's 'nest'.  Nice try, Jack!  (Luckily he was not in there long enough to have an accident...or die...)  We had a nice little discussion about 'suffocation' after this incident lest he should attempt to make Bumblebee another 'nest' in the future.
* Eddison flooded the downstairs bathroom (there was an inch of water covering the floor), flushed one of Norah's washcloths down the boys' bathroom upstairs, and two nights ago took his diaper off and managed to get poop ALL over himself.
* The hospital ordered 36 more slings.  Great for business, but time consuming, too.  (Nellie and I found some ridiculously cute new fabrics, though! :)
* I took the plunge and registered Jackson for preschool in the fall.  I got to sit in on part of the class he'll be in and was really impressed with everything.  Justin and I feel a year of preschool will be a good indicator on whether to start Jack in Kindergarten when he can technically start or whether to delay a year since his birthday is right before the cutoff.  We've been debating the issue for a few different reasons (i.e. being the youngest vs. oldest in his class, his smaller size, waiting a year before being able to go on his mission vs. going right after graduation, his extreme energy level, etc.) and have finally decided to do this year of preschool and see what happens.  He'll go four days a week, Mon.-Thurs. from 9:30 (or 9:00?) - 12:30.  I'm very excited for him, but kind of sad/wistful at the same time... He's just growing up so fast! TOO fast!!!  
* I cancelled our gym membership.  Yep - I took my three kids (three years and under) into the gym and dared them to ask why I was canceling, LOL!  Justin and I are now looking for a treadmill on Craigslist for the garage (since he won't let me run alone in the dark and it's dark when he leaves for work and when he gets home from work).
* I have completed 6 assignments for my Book of Mormon class, but need to finish the remaining 20 assignments and a final exam before the June 9th deadline!  Just a little stressed about this one!  (But I'm loving the class!)    

Anyway - I say it's been a crazy week, but crazy isn't necessarily a bad thing. :)  I LOVE the constant entertainment the kids provide. Whether it's Jackson's continuous commentary on everything, Eddison's absolute obsession with Bumblebee and playing 'attack mommy when she's least expecting it', or Eleanor's new little cooing noises and heart-melting smiles.  I am one lucky Mommy! :)  See?:
  
Jack and the Bumblebee.

LOVE these smiles!  We can't wait to hear her laugh now! :)

It would be a challenge to try to take a picture of Eddie WITHOUT the kitty!  He's a definite animal lover!
 
While I didn't let this go on for long, it was cute to see Bumblebee snuggling up to Norah in her swing.

Justin had just given Bumblebee a bath and Eddie insisted on holding him afterwards.  Perfectly content, they both fell asleep on the couch.

Norah's adorable Sunday dress with her new shoes. :)  I finally found a pair small enough to fit her feet!

My Easter present from Justin finally arrived!  He had had a boutique near his office order it before Easter, but it didn't come in to the shop until this past week.  I LOVE it!  It's the new style Vera Bradley Baby Bag in 'cupcakes green'.  THANK YOU, BABE!  Now I kind of feel a little guilty that I got you a cat. ;)

"Hey, everyone!  Yep...Just chillaxin' in my bumbo. :)"

Wouldn't this have been such a cute picture if Eddie wasn't trying to stick his finger in Norah's mouth?

And wouldn't THIS have been a cute picture if Jackson wasn't insisting on using his 'pouty' face? :)

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Your kids make me laugh, so funny. Seeing Eddie with Bumblebee makes me want to get a pet for Catherine. So far Jon has said it would be ok to get a hamster(no dog or cat). I'm not sold on a hamster yet. Maybe I should take Catherine to the pet store and see how she reacts to it. I know they are not recommended for little kids her age.

I had the gym membership(Peak Fitness) for a year and when it came to the end, I decided a year membership for Jon and I would be about the same as an elliptical machine. There was a much better chance of Jon and I working out at home especially with his crazy work hours. I love my elliptical machine.

Unknown said...

Wow. I knew you would have stories for us. :) We flooded our bathroom yesterday too. AM filled the sink and the floor. :) Nora is sooo cute and the story with bumble bee and the dresser drawer is so funny.My hubby braught a kitty home , we had it for 6 weeks and AM stuffed it in her little people house, in the dresser drawers, in her backpack. Needless to say it became so hyper and scared it ran UP our chimney one day. It didn't last long. The bunny has survived much better.

Train Gang said...

Dear Eddie,
I thought you'd never ask!!! Of course I will marry you! I think we'd make a great couple anyway, the hair the eyes... Can't wait! 2030, BABY!
Love, Venice

Molly said...

I've never heard of anybody bathing a cat on a regular basis. You guys are some kinda serious clean freaks! :) Looks like he's settling in nicely!

merathon said...

pouty face and fingers included, those are still some great pictures of the kids! norah looks SOOOO tiny next to her big brothers!

it might be sad thinking about preschool next year but i have a feeling that you and he will both end up loving it. it will be a nice little break for you and fun for him to have his own little world to come home and tell you about! we have LOVED preschool around here!

Audrey said...

hi Jess! haven't checked you out in a while- congrats on the kitty! so cute! good luck with the rest of your week, at least you know this week-end will be great ;)