Four months, little hummingbird. Can you believe you're already FOUR months old?! And despite my prayers you continue to grow and change every day. Why must this wonderful infant stage pass so quickly?! I will concede that I love watching you explore the world around you and delight in every milestone you reach. Over the past few weeks:
You have become best friends with your tiny baby fists, sucking and chewing on them whenever you're awake. When you're not sleeping you are almost always smiling and cooing at your crazy brothers or at your Mommy and Daddy making silly faces at you. And just a few days ago you gave a solitary chuckle, your very first, at Daddy (I don't blame you! He makes the best funny faces. :)! The next morning you laughed for me as I tickled your sides... and every day since you've been practicing that beautiful baby laugh.
You are deceptively strong during tummy-time, pushing up and looking around with wide-eyes until you can no longer support the weight of your head (it is kind of big :). Then you are very quick to let me know when you're ready to be picked up!
For the past month+ you have slept like an angel, going for 10-12 hour stretches at night. From the very bottom of my heart, THANK YOU! :)
You have now officially doubled your birth weight, weighing in at 9 lbs. 8 oz. We are excited to be moving you up from size 'newborn' to size 1 diapers after the current package is gone. And girl, this may embarrass you in the future (and I'm only a little bit sorry about it! :), but for such a little thing you can sure clear a room with what manages to find its way out of you!
Daddy and I love you so very much and still cannot believe we were blessed with such an amazing baby girl! Besides being so very much fun to dress you bring such a sweet spirit to our home. And though we would slow down time if we could, we are excited to watch as you continue to blossom before us.
Really?! Four months?!
All smiles. :)
Sucking on her fist while napping. She almost always sleeps like this with her little hands folded on her chest like she's praying. It is so adorable!
More smiles. :)
And maybe just one more because she's so darn cute!
Totally out of place for this post, but I didn't want to make a whole post just about my hair. :)
Per Justin's request I went darker and per the stylist's suggestion I got 'Victoria Secret' layers. I have yet to figure out why they're different than regular all-over layers, but I do admit just knowing they're called 'Victoria Secret' layers made me feel a little more sexy than I normally would have while wearing an old t-shirt with spit-up stains on the shoulder. :)
My sweet Sugar Bug. She will still fall asleep almost anywhere, including right on Mommy. I'm convinced there is no better feeling than the weight of your little baby sleeping peacefully on your chest. My heaven would include daily naps just like this. :)
8 comments:
Your hair looks so good! Love it! And Norah is a doll. Love her too!
Your little angel hummingbird if so adorable. It is so crazy how fast they grow up and change. I remember feeling excited and sad at the same time because I really loved the tiny baby cuddles, but now I love the hearty laughs and shreeks and excitment and energy that comes with a little toddler. I love your hair too. the color is spectacular and the victorias secret layers make you look like a model! :)
Oh, I just want to love on her!! She is really growing and I can "see" glimpses of both Jack and Eddie in her...although much more feminine and beautiful!!
LOVE your hair!!
Have a WONDERFUL Mother's Day!!
Great pics of Norah, and your hair is GORGEOUS!
Hot MAMA! You are workin' the Vicki Cut!
You look hot Jessica! I love the dark hair, (of course)and the layers look so pretty! You go!
Nora is seriously making em want a new baby, like yesterday!!! Thanks for posting!
love the hair-- and WHY do they call them victoria's secret layers??
oh, that cute little norah. they just get better every day, don't they?
Oh, Jessica, your hair is stunning!! Love the VS cut ;)
Post a Comment