Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"We Lost the War So We Didn't Write the Books"

Who wouldn't be thrilled to look down into this face?! Eddison pretty much stayed glued to me during our sojourns downtown. I can't say that I minded too much! (I was grateful that he's still a peanut, but even peanuts get heavy!)
Here we are in front of a haunted graveyard during our Ghost Tour of Charleston. Sadly we did not see any ghosts. :-)

Nellie and Julie treated themselves to a relaxing pedicure. Thinking of Justin and how great of a job he was doing at home with Jackson, I chose to spend my money on a (very) little something from Victoria's Secret...(*blushing*) Unfortunately you WILL NOT be seeing any pictures of that...;-) On our final day in Charleston we went to an event called A Taste of Charleston. It was great...minus the torrential downpour that super-soaked us as we were walking into the event. We were dripping wet and laughing because really, what else could we do?! The food was great and the highlight was being called a "Yankee" by a local... Um...last time I checked the war was over???
One of the pictures I took in a historic graveyard. It reminds me of Edgar Allen Poe. While on our Ghost Tour we were told a story about a young man who was in love with a wealthy heiress who's name was Annabelle Lee...We all know how that story ends! It was really neat to see where this love affair took place and to know the story behind the beautiful poem.

Well - I'm back from an awesome mini-vacation with two amazing friends and life has come full speed ahead! Our three days in Charleston, SC was about a week too short...Even though I did miss my oldest boy and the Daddy. Julie and Nellie and I had so much fun touring the city and just RELAXING without the toddlers! Tyler and Eddison were little angels for the most part (Eddison had his moments!) and we've vowed to make this Girls Only Weekend an annual tradition! The only difference next year will be in the length of the weekend...We're thinking a Girls Only Week might be more appropriate!

(The title of this post is a direct quote from our Tour Guide on the Ghost Tour. It seems the South is still quite bitter about the outcome of the Civil War and blames this fact for why much of Southern history is unaccounted for. What did I say to that? Absolutely nothing! :-)

No comments: