Sunday, September 16, 2007

"She's Crafty..."

On Saturday, the sky was blue, the clouds were light, and the wind held a bit of a cool (that's right, folks) edge to it. After discovering the Mustang wouldn't start and the vacuum no longer suctions, Justin and I (and our little monsters) decided it was time to get out of the house to do some shopping.

We went to Old Navy first, looking for some t-shirts for our growing Hurricane. I had done some serious consignment shopping the night before, but sadly there was not much to be found in the boys' 2T section. Looking at the way Jackson treats his clothing, I'm not altogether surprised by this. Anyway - we were delighted to find some great sales going on (like shirts marked down to $2.99 with an additional 25% taken off at the register!) and though most of the shirts we got him are kind of plain, I'm going to put my creativity to action and see what I can do to make them a little more 'fun'...Stay tuned for that...

After Old Navy we headed to Michael's because (at Justin's suggestion...*gasp*) we wanted to get a beautiful fall wreath for our front door. A fall wreath would certainly take the pain away from having to buy a new vacuum and possibly a new car, right?

Little did we know that a very basic fall wreath runs about $49.00! Are you kidding me?! My mom happened to call while we were in the store so I decided to vent my frustrations to her and she suggested that I might try making my own wreath. I stopped and thought, "Well...why not?" (Thanks, Mom!:-) Justin and I picked up a plain 18" (in diameter) wreath of woven branches for $3.99 and five bunches of various fall themed silk foliage for $2.99 each and were on our way (having spent about $20.00).

Once home I pulled out the wire cutters and disected the foliage. Twenty minutes later I had created a wreath that (in my opinion) blew the Michael's wreaths out of the water! $49.00? I think not! Not with this crafty chick! LOL!!! Even Justin was thoroughly impressed. So here she is, I present to you in all her glory...the very FIRST Wilde Family Fall Wreath:

(You can click on the picture to enlarge it...)



A picture of her hanging on our door will be posted as soon as we buy an 'over-the-door' style wreath hook.

No comments: