CHRONICLE #1:
Just a few days ago - as I was trying to get the boys ready for bed so I could leave for an Enrichment activity as soon as Justin came home from work, I decided to quickly give Eddison a bath so Justin would only have to bathe Jack. (I can only ask so much of him...:-) I turned the water on to fill the baby-tub (which sits in the regular tub) and then went to the living room to undress the little man. I returned to the bathroom with a naked Eddie to find Jackson, FULLY CLOTHED, sitting all scrunched in the overflowing baby tub. He looked up at me with his most guilty face and said, "Mama...water off?" My first thought was, "ARE...YOU...KIDDING?!" And then I started laughing. Laughing so hard that Jackson started laughing and then Eddie started laughing.
I put Eddison down and stripped Jackson before his diaper had a chance to explode and then he and Eddie took their 'tub' together. Jackson sitting in the big tub right next to Eddie in his little tub.
CHRONICLE #2:
Last week, during morning playtime, I had Eddison on his playmat where he was playing with a little stuffed animal while I was nearby playing 'race cars' with Jackson. Out of the blue, Jackson raced over to Eddie and snatched the animal from him, unintentionally scratching under Eddison's eye as he did. Eddie started crying and I reprimanded Jackson saying, "You may not take toys from Eddie! That hurts him! Ouch!" And I pointed to the scratch which was bleeding a little bit. Jackson immediately went and grabbed the nearest thing he could find to bring as a peace offering...One of Eddison's receiving blankets that has transportation vehicles printed all over it. He came and sat down very close then proceeded to point out (and sign or act out) all of the images: "Eddie, a airplane!" (He did the sign and made a 'whoosh' noise), "Eddie, a train!" (He raised his arm like a conductor and said, "Toot Toot!"), and then, "Eddie, a Hotbotter!"
Having absolutely no idea what he'd just said I asked, "A what?" And he smiled, jumped (which he does quite frequently when excited ) and said, "A Hotbotter!" I looked down at the blanket to see him pointing to a little image of a HELICOPTER... I was laughing and tear-boxing at the same time. It was simply TOO cute and my mommy heart was overwhelmed with how precious my little storm can be! I immediately got the phone and called Justin so he could hear Jack's version of 'helicopter'. "Daddy, a Hotbotter!"
Currently Jackson's, "hotbotter," has evolved into, "hellobotter," which sounds more like the real word and I know that very soon he'll be able to say, "helicopter" with no problem at all, but for now I simply LOVE hearing him prounounce his words as only a Wilde Hurricane can...
PICTURES:
Here's a picture of Jackson trimming up what Daddy left behind. He followed him around the whole time! It was SO adorable! And yes - that's Justin wearing tye-dye...LOL! My dad sent the whole family tye-dyed t-shirts that he picked up at an art show in Montana. Who knew tye-dye still existed - or that it was considered an art?!
For safety reasons during Matthews Alive!, I had decided it was time to get Jackson his very own Monkey backpack...a.k.a. leash, to keep him from running into the large crowds of people. He picked out the Monkey (over the Doggie) and now carries him around everywhere! He loved to buckle it himself and loves even more to take himself on walks. LOL!!!
My Blue-Eyed Boys
1 comment:
That picture of your two men mowing the lawn! Priceless! I loved that bath story. Its a good thing you have a sense of humor! And hotbotter! Sometimes I think about teaching my kids the wrong words, just because it would be funny to hear them say them. Or even just speaking in an English accent when I am around them, so they grow up with one...he he he...
I loved your e-mail! Yes, I am going as girlie as possible (well, without the rhinestones and feathers..LOL) I plan on dressing her in pink until she wants to be a princess or something, and then, we put her in sports. I can't help it, I grew up as a tomboy, I kinda want one! so, I'm going to try to bake my cake and eat it too. :)
I plan on checking out your website today at work, I'm excited. I'll get back to you :)
Post a Comment