Eddie loves to chill in his excersaucer and keep me company in the kitchen while I'm making dinner or doing the dishes. I love turning around to catch his sweet face looking at me!
In a post about Jackson I had to throw in a few pictures of his baby brother...the cutest little Eddison in the world!
He gets those eyes from his daddy!
With Jackson's rapidly expanding vocabulary I have discovered that he has something in common with President Bush (Jr.); (For the record: While generally republican by nature, Jackson also considers environmental conservation to be a top priority in his decision making for this next election year. He therefore (at present) claims no affiliation with any party in particular...Though he believes Mitt Romney would make a fine president.) and that is he often mispronounces and/or makes up words without realizing it. As a result, each new day can be quite entertaining. I thought I'd share a few of my favorite "Jack-ism's" from the past week...
1. On Sunday Jack loves to go to nursery and especially loves when they have singing time. When we got home this past Sunday I asked Jackson if he wanted to sing a song from nursery and he started jumping (a sure sign of excitement) and yelling, "Sun-Beep! Sun-Beep!" For those of you who don't know the song he was referring to, it's actually entitled, "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam." I find that, "Sun-Beep," works just as well, don't you?
2. During the week there always seems to be at least a few necessary trips to Wal-Mart for random items (i.e. apple juice, fruit, etc.). Once we pass through the entrance Jackson has a very specific routine that we stick to - mostly because I find it so funny to hear him dictate our route from a cart that I'M pushing!
First: "Mama, a cookie!" (Shouted as he points towards the bakery where they have free sugar cookies set out for little Stalin's like himself.). Usually a gentle reminder from me will get him to tack on a, "pease?" at the end of his demand. Thankfully he now fairly consistently says, "Dat you, Mama!" (Which means, "thank you.") without my having to prompt him.
Second: with a mouth full of cookie he points towards the meat department and shouts, "Wadders!" Of course he means, "Lobsters!" So we stroll over to the big tank where he ALWAYS (since the very first day when I explained to him why they were in the tank...to sleep of course!) says in a whisper, "Mama, wadders a nigh-nigh, shhh!!!" And he puts his finger to his lips to motion for me to be quiet. Can you blame me for not wanting to explain to him the cold, hard truth? That they're inhumanely kept alive in the tank until someone buys them to inhumanely kill in a pot of boiling water?! (No offense to lobster eaters...I just couldn't do it!)
Third: "Mama! Fishies?!" Of course we have to go see the real fish! So (after a wave and a big, "bye-bye, wadders!" to the lobsters) I stroll the cart over to the pet department and we look at the fish for a few minutes while Jackson comments on their living conditions:
"Mama, water?"
"Yep. That's water, buddy!"
"Mama...a fishie, a home?"
"You're right, Jackson, that is their home!"
And this is where the really cute part comes in... While pointing to the fake seaweed in one particular tank, Jackson was struggling to find the right word for it and came up with: "Mama....a...fish-tree?" I just started laughing and said, "Yep, Jack! That is a fish-tree!" Why correct his creativity? I think, "fish-tree" sounds much better than, "plastic seaweed."
3. Today on a walk with a good friend whose daughter, Katelyn, is about Jackson's age, I spied a bright green grasshopper. Wanting to give Jack a close-up of the beautiful bug I immediately went into 6 year-old mode by getting on my hands and knees to catch it in my hands. Once caught (the little bugger was quick!) I held it up to Jackson's eye-level and said, "Jackson - look! A grasshopper!" He jumped (as best as he could sitting strapped into his stroller) with excitement and smiled shouting, "A hopper?!"
"Yes! That's right! Good!" I laughed. "It's a hopper!" Jackson then looked at me inquisitively and said, "A Happy Hopper?" I laughed again remembering that to keep him from touching bugs that may bite or sting like spiders, ants and wasps, I have referred to certain bugs as either "happy-bugs" - which are okay to get close to and include butterflies, dragonflies, beetles, etc., or "icky-bugs!" Clearly Jack was just trying to ascertain whether the grasshopper was a safe (happy) bug, but it just sounded SO cute and funny!
Hmm...wonder what the little super-hero will come up with tomorrow? I can't wait to find out! :-)
3 comments:
Look at you go Miss Blogger!!! Love it all! Eddison has the cutest blue eyes and I loved all the Wal-mart-isms. We love the lobsters and fish too, except our wal-mart does not have free cookies. What's up with that?
you are such a fun mom, Jessica! totally making a trip to Walmart like a trip to the zoo and the fair. you are an inspiration to me...I have a way of making trips to walmart like a trip to war. its my cart against all the other carts. love the chronicles of jackson too! good stuff. Keep the Jacksonisms coming.
I want to go grocery shopping with Jackson! How fun and cute is he??
Post a Comment