This would have been a lot more dramatic if I had actually remembered to take 'before' pictures of our playroom and food-storage, lol... Ooops. In my haste to get things OrGaNiZeD I completely forgot about documenting the disaster! However, I'm still pretty proud of what I've accomplished so far :). (And this isn't even everything! I've done more, just haven't taken pictures yet... Hence the reason for the 'Part I' disclaimer in the title. :)
Previous to this awesome storage shelf set our food storage was 'neatly' stacked on the ground. This is SUCH an improvement and has inspired us to build up our food storage even more now that we have room to do so! Since this picture we've almost filled the shelf with canned goods. Love it! Now we need one more set of shelves to put all of our #10 cans of wheat/beans/dried apples, etc. Those remain 'neatly' stacked on the other side of the closet. :)
Toy storage! WOO HOO! When Justin asked me what I wanted for Christmas all I could think of was, "toy storage!" He didn't feel that was a good present idea, though, since we needed to get storage anyway. I just wanted him to realize that toy storage and organization would make me HAPPY! Well - we finally went to Ikea and bought the shelving unit - which is very solid and easy to put together. I then went to Target and found the adorable bins which are fairly durable! I LOVE how everything turned out! And even better, Jack knows exactly where to put everything now! :)
This was our medicine cabinet. Overflowing with medicines, first aid supplies, and a variety of other health-related items. It was a nightmare and a waste of precious cupboard space! So I bought a few bins, used my new (and henceforward indispensable) label maker to label each bin, and went to town! The end result...?
Four bins with everything we need! And easily stored high in the hall closet so curious little monsters can't get into trouble. :)
3 comments:
I love the toy storage!!! Jon keeps telling me we need to get something to organize Catherine's toys and I agree, but can't decide how I want to organize them. Silly, I know.
Organization is so nice because it saves so much time when you want to find something.
You are an inspiration!!!
looks great Jessi! I have the same shelf (two actually) for my food storage only I have to keep mine in the boys closet. upstairs. Not the most convenient but I works better than nothing!! :)
Post a Comment