As posted in the title I was born on February 8, 1982 (the same year Michael Jackson's Thriller became the largest selling record ever, the first artificial heart transplant was performed, and the year Italy won the World Cup in Spain). Today I am 28 years old. I've always been a little bit OCD about numbers - constantly looking for patterns and/or symmetry in everything numerical (a fact which I blame entirely on my birthday being an anagram). When Jackson was born on 6.19.05 it about drove me insane! No symmetry! No pattern! The only thing that made it tolerable (besides his adorable self) was that he was born on Father's Day. Even while working out I can't stop until the numbers line up correctly on the screen display (I know there are at least a few of you who know what I'm talking about! :).
Anyway, today I am 28 on 2.8.82 - so naturally I believe this is going to be an awesome year! So far it's off to a phenomenal start. :)
So what do I wish for this Golden Birthday Year?
1. The continued health and happiness of my beautiful family.
2. More opportunities to see our extended families.
3. To set the best example that I can for my children in all that I do.
4. To watch less TV (actually, to get rid of TV all together!).
5. Make time to read more. (Particularly the books I just bought on Amazon... More on that later...)
6. Finish the EHOP (Entire Home Organization Project)! (So far so good!)
7. Find somewhere in my home to make a sewing space (and thus eliminate the need to dig my sewing machine and all accessories out of the closet every time I need them. Which is often.).
8. Paint/decorate (finally) our Master Bed/Bath.
9. Continue nightly scripture study! (So far so good this year! We just keep telling ourselves that it doesn't matter if they're listening, we're developing the habit. :)
10. Take at least a few family road trips to explore this beautiful state we live in!
11. Camp more.
12. Food storage! Enough said.
13. Get caught up on our blog books.
14. Continue morning workouts.
15. Call my grandma more.
16. Write letters and send Birthday cards on time! (Sorry to those I've missed so far - I have good intentions! ;)
17. Ask myself, "Who have I served today?" . . . Everyday.
18. Make and present awesome Sharing Time lessons that inspire reverence and teach important gospel principles in an unforgettable way. (Prayers are appreciated! :)
19. Share my testimony with my children more often and encourage them to do the same.
20. Take more videos of the kiddos!
21. Make sure that Justin and I have special 'dates' with each kid more often.
22. Implement 'Wilde Family Movie Night!' every friday night as a new family tradition.
23. Look for opportunities to create other family traditions.
24. Make time to eat breakfast/lunch at the table with the kids instead of in the car or not at all. (Some days there just isn't time... Anyone else feel that way?!)
25. Blog more regularly. I always have a million things to blog about, but then forget to do it! This journal is not only for myself and for long-distance family, but for my children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, etc.
26. At least once a month date-nights with my Ender :). (Love, Petra.)
27. Conquer my Diet Coke addiction. (Crazy notion, right?! Don't worry, DC, I'll still drink you on occasion... Just not for breakfast anymore. ;)
28. Make sure that my family and friends know how much I love and appreciate them!
4 comments:
You and I have very similar birthdays! I am looking forward to my 28th birthday on 8-2-82 this year! I am glad you had a fun birthday and I love your set of goals for the year. Can I steal them and use them for myself? My addiction is Diet Pepsi or Coke Zero. Especially the wild cherry variety. I also have big fitness goals set to start abut 4 weeks after this new baby is born. I am actually dreaming about getting in shape and I hope I have as much motivation when I can actually get out and do it. Good luck tackling your list!
Happy Birthday Jessi! You are an awesome girl!!
How have I not seen this post yet?? HAPPY TOTALLY LATE BIRTHDAY!
Man, right down to the amazon books, I am right with you!
We are headed to Portland, so we will miss you guys once again! But someday. Funny thing is, I love getting together with the Wilde family... Why are we swapping??? We should be gathering! Oh well, I hear the Paul and Donnas place aint to shabby ;)
Happy Birthday! Glad you had a great day!
Nathan is just like Jackson he always wants to get me jewlery(not that I'm complaining lol) it must be the yr they were born!
Post a Comment