Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Update

Spring may still be a few days away, but we've been enjoying the sporadic sunny days and warmer temperatures leading up to the official March 20th welcoming of Spring. We can't wait!
Jackson has been as busy as ever with preschool - which he still loves, playing outside with his little neighbor friends, digging for worms, putting together puzzles, and watching Wild Re-con on animal planet (I record it every Tuesday night and he watches it the following afternoon.). He recently got a Planet Earth book series that he's been toting around everywhere and "reading" to anyone who will listen. (He's actually memorized quite a bit of a few of them!) He's currently on a waiting list to play soccer for a local league (who knew competition for a spot would be so tight with the 4's team?!), but if he doesn't get in we've decided to just start him in Tae-Kwon-Do as soon as preschool is over. Hopefully he'll make the soccer team, though! He's been practicing almost daily and is very excited to join a team. Thankfully, there is a fall league as well so even if he doesn't get in for Spring you can be sure we'll have him at the top of the list for Fall!


What to say about Miss Norah? She's growing by leaps and bounds before our very eyes! Her hair has started to grow with big curls (just like Jack's did at that age), especially when she wakes up from her naps and her hair is a little sweaty - and she's getting faster every day! We've had several comments from people about how comical it is to see such a little girl running around... It's true - she's still a peanut and looks a lot younger than she is size-wise - but we just think it's adorable! She still only has her front two top/bottom teeth and then her top molars, but I can see other teeth below the surface just waiting to appear.

Norah's favorite tricks as of late are:

1. Dancing! She LOVES to dance and will drop whatever she's doing and start waving her arms and bouncing up and down if you ask her to dance.
2. Talking - A few weeks ago I had a horrible headache and was in bed for an entire afternoon/evening. The next day when I came downstairs, Justin said, "Look what I taught Norah!" He then proceeded to show me how she could point and say, "There!" He's also taught her to say, "Uh-Oh!" It was so cute! Then I said, "Justin! How did you get her to say things?! I've been working with her for weeks on trying to talk!" And he said, "I'm just the closer." LOL! It was pretty funny... And true! She's a Daddy's girl for sure!
3. Waving and saying, "Hi-ya!" And waving bye-bye (though she doesn't actually say it, yet).

Norah also says, "Mama," "Dada," "Juice (She says this for water or milk since we don't give her juice, yet. I think she just picked it up from Eddie.)," and, "This," when she's pointing to something in a book.

Eddie-O has been SUCH a kick in the pants lately! He and Jackson LOVE to wrestle on an almost hourly basis and this includes yelling things like, "I'm gonna get you, boy!" And, "You wanna piece a-me?!" While Jack has loved to wrestle for a while now, Eddie has only just really gotten into it.... Probably because he's a lot bigger now and can actually hold his own. :) About a week ago I was laying on the floor doing some exercises while Jack and Eddie were wrestling around me. Eddie decided to take a breather and came to lay his head on my tummy. While he was doing so he accidentally pushed down really hard on the baby with his hand - enough to make me flinch. So I said, "Eddie! You've got to be careful! The baby is right there!" And he just looked at me with his squinty-eyed and dimpled-grin and then balled his fists next to his face and got up really close to talk to where I was pointing at my stomach and said in his deepest wrestling voice, "You wanna piece a-me, baby?!" I about died laughing!

He then laughed his beautiful laugh and continued to talk to the "baby" saying, "I'm a-gonna boom you baby!" ("Boom" is the word Jack and Eddie use for "hit" - don't know where they got it, but it's pretty funny!) Of course he then patted my tummy very softly and said, "Awww, awww, it's okay, baby." He's going to be such a great big brother! (Well, he already is, but now that he's older I think he's going to love having a newborn around more than he did when Eleanor arrived.)

I also forgot to update all of his stats after his 3 year well-check last month:

Height: 38 inches (50%)
Weight: 32.8 lbs. (50%) - Yep, he and Jack are now the same weight!
BP: 78/40
BMI: 15.6 (25-50%)

Though both blond-haired, blue-eyed brothers, it's amazing how otherwise different Jack and Eddie are physically! Jackson is very lean with a thin face and big eyes, long torso, and long legs and arms. Eddie, on the other hand, has a very round face, squinty 'laughing' eyes, and broad shoulders with a barrel chest. I love how different they are! And even writing the things that make them unique makes me so excited at the possibility of having another baby boy. I would love for Norah to have a sister, but I happen to think my boys are absolutely amazing and entertaining and wouldn't mind another little Wilde man running about :).

2 comments:

Katie said...

This update was so fun to read! Your kiddos have SO much personality--love them all!

Katy said...

I didn't even recognize Jack in one of the photos your posted. He's growing up like CRAZY! And that is hilarious that they're the same size! On Friday, Grace weighed in at 32, also, but Rach hit the 40 mark! Norah is breathtaking! Love the pics!