Yesterday, Sept. 6th, Eleanor June officially turned 8 months old. So what exactly has this little eight-month old been up to lately? Plenty! I'll let her tell you...
"So you want to know what I've been up to? Sure - I have a minute before I need to return to restoring familial harmony and world peace. To begin with, some folks call me curious...like a cat. I may or may not enjoy sampling various items (i.e. shoes, computer cords, cell phones), but what I really love are Gerber fruit puffs and Yo Baby yogurt... Great... now I'm hungry."
"Why yes, I AM mobile! My crawling skills have improved dramatically and while I still enjoy a good downward facing dog pose I also have two big brothers I'm trying to keep up with ... or run from - depending on the situation. In related news I can also put myself into a sitting position and am currently working on climbing small steps. Mommy is impressed (though not amused) and will be investing in a new baby gate very soon."
"Yep. I'm still bald (though my strawberry blond hair is finally to grow in just a little) and my eyes are still blue. And as far as teeth go - who needs 'em? I've decided to forgo the acquisition of teeth for now.. I may change my mind next month. Stay tuned on that one."
"Hasn't your mommy ever told you it's just not polite to ask a lady how much she weighs? I suppose I don't mind sharing that I'm nearing the 15 lb. mark and actually enjoying the lovely fat creases on my thighs and my ghetto booty. Mommy giggles every time she sees them because she can't believe that even though I'm still quite small for my age I've managed to distribute my weight to help me look like Beyonce. I'm sure Mommy would love to put up a picture of my fabulous bare bottom booty, but this blog isn't private and I don't think you're ready for this jelly..."
"And that's me at eight months in a nutshell. Nap-time anyone?"
************************************************
Dear Norah,
We can't believe it's time for yet another monthly update! You grow more beautiful each day and you're sweet and happy countenance is such a joy to our family. Your brothers continue to love and protect you always and you love to laugh with them (and especially at them :).
You love to smile and very rarely get upset. Each morning you wake and happily chatter to yourself and your stuffed animals until Mommy comes in to get you - and then you always give her the biggest and most heart-melting smile. Smiling for you is still a whole body experience as though a simple smile by itself isn't enough to convey your happiness. Instead you look up and grin while waving your arms and then bury your face in your blanket or quickly crawl towards me (or Daddy) while chirping your little hummingbird sounds. You've hit so many milestones over the past month such as feeding yourself, true crawling, and pushing yourself into a sitting position. We are excited to see what the next month will bring!
Thank you for being our baby. We love you so very much, Sugar Bug!
Love,
Daddy, Mommy, Jack & Eddie
6 comments:
8 Months??!!! I can't believe she is that old already! Time sure flies and I should know it too! My little girl is going on 15 months! I can't believe it. She is adorable!
I'm seriously holding back tears - she is just BEAUTIFUL!! I can't wait to hold her - of course by the time I get my hands on her, she won't want anybody holding her!! She'll be trying to keep up with all the boys...or maybe she'll be thrilled at having other girls around (Alexis and Charity)!
Such a beautiful, sweet little girl!
I can't believe she's already 8 months!! She's such a cutie!
B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!!!!!!
"...I thought people called you wiskers because you were curious like a cat??..."
She is adorable!
Post a Comment