On any given day I have a handful of projects to work on. On this particular day I had several that I NEEDED to finally finish so I took a leap of faith and decided to let the kids do whatever they wanted so long as no guns, knives, or drugs were involved. After just two hours...behold the destruction:
Throwing scraps of fabric at each other entertained them for about ten minutes! Not bad!
What you can't see unless you zoom in are the little crushed goldfish carcasses all over the floor. I found more stuffed into the couch cushions. Why?
Granted, the iron and ironing board are out for my use.. But if you guessed that the blue bathroom mat and other articles of clothing were just tossed over the banister at the top of the stairs you'd be spot on. Throwing things over the banister or down the stairs is probably their most favorite thing to do. Ever.
My sewing machine case is all too often used as a step-stool to reach the seasonal candy on the counter. In jeopardy on this day were the Harvest Hershey's kisses and the candy corn. Exactly what they need...more sugar.
And now for the AFTER:
Yes, Eddie is bare-bottomed. No, I did not realize this until after I took the picture. Though an expert at expedient disrobing, he's still perfecting the art of putting his clothes back on. At this point I'd settle for just undies.
Jack insisted on being in every picture. :)
A hallway you can walk through.
Gotta love PBS. It kept them entertained while I restored our home to a "house of order."
Our formal dining room. (It used to have a table in it, but we gave it away since we never used it and didn't have a need for it.) Now close your eyes and envision my plans for this room: An upright piano, a nice desk, a big, overstuffed chair with ottoman, a little side table with a reading lamp, and a ladder-style book-shelf full of the books I would love to read when I find the time. *sigh* Isn't it beautiful? :) Someday... For now it works great as an unofficial UFC Fighting Ring.
I LOVE FALL! My favorite season, in fact. I just love the colors, the cooler weather, the anticipation of the holidays, everything! So you'd better believe that the day after Labor Day was Fall Decorating Day! :)
1 comment:
Ha Ha! I bet the boys had a ball!! I had a similar post when Abigail was born. She had colic and I had a terrible cold. I didn't clean up a thing all day. I took before and after pics too!
ps, your house is beautiful! And your fall decor is so cute!
Post a Comment