Thanksgiving was amazing. It was our first Thanksgiving with family in five years! Jayne, Seth, and Oliver drove up the day before and we spent two days making all kinds of yummy food. Seth officially made the best turkey I've ever tasted and we all ate until we hurt. (The sure sign of a good holiday!) On Black Friday I ventured out alone at 4:30 a.m. to fight the masses in my first Black Friday Shopping Experience. I was tired, cold, and lonely (Jayne couldn't leave Oliver just yet since he's still demanding to be fed quite frequently), but I managed to score some fantastic deals. Can't wait for next year! ;)
Later that weekend we decorated the house for Christmas inside and out - including finding the perfect tree at our local grocery store of all places. We had stopped at a tree lot for a better 'experience', but they were charging $75 for a tree that was as tall as I am! We wanted a bigger tree and found a winner in two minutes at Food Lion. The boys had a blast playing in the trees while Justin went in to pay and I realized that the only 'experience' they cared about was being with us and getting a tree...they couldn't have cared less about where it came from! Justin did a beautiful job with the lights outside and I'll get a picture soon!
Last Wednesday Ashley, my BFF since 9th grade, flew in to stay for a week. She looks just as fantastic as ever and it was SO great to see her! We did lots of chatting, shopping, and hanging out. Jackson officially fell in love with her... The fact that she's married did nothing to deter his advances. Sorry, Ash! LOL! While she was here she cleaned (against my wishes!), played with the boys (a challenge in itself!), and didn't mind that my days revolve around naps, tantrums, poops, peeps, wrestling, errands, building and destroying towers, and of course - toonies. She's going to be a great mom someday! Hopefully my little monsters didn't deter her too much from that goal. ;) She also didn't say a word about the fact that I fell asleep on the couch each night around 8:00 p.m. ;)
On Friday (Dec. 5th) a couple of my good friends threw an amazing shower for me and Baby Girl. I was so blessed to have so many great friends show up and eat so much great food! Among other yummy treats Nellie actually made a beautiful edible flower arrangement with fruit (and I can't even imagine how much time went into that!) and Julie made delicious cupcakes that either had a little flag with the name 'Isabelle' or 'Eleanor' in it. Each person was instructed to take a cupcake with the name they thought we should pick for Baby Girl and I think 'Eleanor' won by a small margin. Believe me - I'm just as anxious as anyone to see which name this baby ends up with! LOL!!! ;)
Anyway, pink was definitely the dominating theme of the evening and I LOVED it! Thank you so much to everyone!!! I can't believe this little one will be here before we know it and especially can't wait to see all the adorable outfits on her!
This morning the boys and I drove Ashley to the airport and said a sad goodbye. She's under strict instructions to return soon with her husband (who is currently serving our country in Kuwait, but will be home in February!) and either a baby in her belly or in her arms. :)
What a fun few weeks! Meanwhile, Baby Girl and me are continuing to grow steadily and I honestly feel as though there is no room left in there! (Of course I'm sure she'll make room!) But - we have less than two months to go now and the excitement of adding a new baby to our little family is building. I can't wait to see what she looks like! :)
4 comments:
Looks like such a fun thanksgiving!
Our address is:
1930 Ridge Avenue B103
Evanston, IL 60201
Could you send us yours also?
thats awesome news about Eddie!! so glad to hear :) Also glad he's recovering well.
What a delightful post! I'm so happy you got to have a shower for yet un-named baby girl ;)
Yay!!
I had so much fun at your house! It was great to be around my best friend and actually have someone to talk to. Inga is a good dog but is a poor conversationalist. Love you!
Post a Comment