Monday, December 15, 2008

Bowling and Belly

Last Saturday we took the boys bowling for the very first time. Jack had been begging to go since he saw an episode last week of Curious George that showed George bowling with the Man in the Yellow Hat. Justin promised Jack we'd go on a weekend sometime and Jack was just so persistent and excited that we decided to just give it a try.

He LOVED it! He got to wear the cutest little pair of bowling shoes I've ever seen and was very serious about picking out his ball. Then when it was time to bowl he would do this walk/fall at the foul line (like he was sliding into a base)/throw the ball technique. It was great! Of course we had the bumper guards up so he only ended up with one gutter ball ( and that was when he threw the ball down the wrong lane :). Justin had rented shoes to bowl with Jack (I was on Eddie duty), but he ended up letting him just bowl every frame for both players. Eddie did get a chance to try, but he would just walk up to the line and drop the ball. :) For the most part he was kept entertained with popcorn and a diet coke as large as he was. (Which started out as Justin's, but Eddie quickly commandeered.)

We finished off the fun afternoon with a trip through the automatic car wash. The boys go NUTS in there! Justin actually joked about getting car wash tokens for their stockings and I thought it was a great idea! To them it's like a ride at Disneyland. :)

Eddie's death grip on the diet coke was impressive! Luckily it appeased him while Jack got to do all of the bowling.

Jackson's camera pose after just throwing the ball down the lane.

Another pose while waiting for his ball to come out of the return. (Which was one of his favorite things to watch!) He got so excited every time his ball came out. :)

Eddie heading for the popcorn.

Jackson's first bowling experience. He chose this ball for the occasion. (A beautiful avocado green 6 pounder. :)

And the winner was... Jackson! Though he barely beat himself. :) We were impressed that he actually got a couple of spares in there!

And speaking of bowling balls - I thought it an appropriate post to document Baby Girl and me at 32 weeks! We're getting closer!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at you hot stuff. So cute prego! We saw the same episode and it made me realize I hadn't taken the girls bowling yet. How funny. I had so much fun on Sunday with Eddie! He is doing so great since the surgery. You would never know. He is adorable with the coke! Somehow kids are just so cute with oversized drinks of Soda.
Have a great FHE night!

Lyndsey said...

Can I just say that you look great!!! Where are you keeping that baby? You look how I feel at like 20 weeks. Love all the pics of the Boys they are so cute. I wish we could get them together and see you guys. Hopefully not too far in the distant future.

merathon said...

we keep meaning to go bowling with the girls, but it's been a while. i can't believe you are SO close to being done with this pregnancy, and you look fabulous!

Ashlee said...

Jessi- Your so tiny! I can't believe it! Your little boys are so cute, and how excited to be having a cute, precious little girl! Your blog it so cute. I've been meaning to say hello for a while now. When I found your blog off Lindsay Daltons blog, my husband asked me who you were. I told him we went to school together in MT. He laughed and said that he served his mission with your husband! What a small world! Crazy huh? Are you guys all living in UT? If so we should get together sometime! I'd love to see ya and meet the munchkins! Talk to ya soon!

Julie Nielsen said...

Hi Guys! We'd love to send you a christmas card. Can you please email me your address?

JulieLynnNielsen@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Katie B. said...

That drink is almost as big as Eddie!! Loved the bowling pictures. Bowling is the best. PS, you do look totally cute. I can't wait to see this darling little girl!

Lindsey said...

Jessi- I have been out of town and didn't look at my blog until today. You are so good about getting Christmas Cards out to everyone. I didn't even think about doing that this year. Christmas really snuck up on me. Maybe because there are palm trees and orange trees everywhere and no snow! Anyway, my address is: 7056 S 7th Lane, Phoenix, AZ 85041.

By the way, you look amazing! I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl. You are going to have a blast dressing her up!

Katie said...

*sigh*

I must insist that you quit posting these adorable baby bump pictures...it's beginning to affect my self esteem ;)

I cannot wait for baby girl's arrival. Sending lots of near Christmas love your way.