"Eddie: (breathing in deeply) "Mmmm.... I love these marshmallows. They smell like cement!" Me: "You mean peppermint?" :) (I guess they sound somewhat similar?)"
"Me to Jack: "How's your tooth?" (It's thisclose to falling out.) Jack: "Good. I tried to pull it out with a tissue at school during Reading Buddies." Me (sympathetically): "Oh, and it didn't work?" Jack (annoyed, but patient - as though he's explaining to a two-year old): "No... That's why it's still IN there." Point taken. Excuse me for my attempt at commiseration."
"(Overheard in the bathtub): Eddie (splashing and making huge waves): "Go away you huge tsunami!" Jack (matter of factly): "Eddie, tsunami's are not people. If you say to a tsunami, "Hey! Go away!" It will not go away.""
"Overheard this morning: Eddie (singing to himself): "Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la la la, la la la la... An-nd don't forget your wallets, fa la la la la, la la la la.""
"(Background - Eddie has been known to frequently sneak sips of our Diet Cokes even though he knows I don't like him to drink caffeinated soda.) Eddie (eyeing my Diet Coke): "Mom, I'm never going to drink Diet Coke again." Me: "That's great!" Eddie (slowly reaching out his hand and sliding the bottle closer to him): "Mom, can this be the last time I drink Diet Coke?""
"When Eddie is hot he requests that I turn on the, "Air-Contricity." I love that kid. :)"
"Overheard from the backseat: (Eddie explaining to Jack (his interpretation of) the behavior system they use at preschool.) "Green means good and you get to play inside. Yellow means you have to go outside because you're in trouble. Red means you have to get killed in a volcano." (brief pause) "But they drive you to the volcano.""
"Me (at the store): "You don't need a lunchbox, Norah. You don't even go to school, yet!" Norah (looking up at me with her big blue eyes and in her softest voice): "Pease, Mommy? Pease?" It's that easy, folks. Norah-1, Mommy-0. It makes me feel better to know that Justin would have also gotten her the matching backpack, umbrella and boots. I do have some resistance to her cuteness (or is it manipulation?). :)"
"So I'm pulled over on the side of the road in a wicked rain/thunderstorm because I literally can't see the road and now Jack and Eddie have to go to the bathroom. 1. I'm glad they're boys. 2. An empty Diet Coke bottle is an answered prayer. :)"
"Jack: "Mom, would Heavenly Father ever want to give up his job?" :)"
"The Scene: (In the waiting room at the pediatrician's office. Jack is peering in the window of the door where the nurse comes out to call our name so he can announce when she's coming.) Jackson (anxiously/excitedly whispering): "Someone's coming! (Then disappointedly adding): "It's just a human.""
"Jackson (pondering the reasoning behind his fire ant bite): "Mom, why are ants so dedicated to themselves?" Me: "Well, I'm pretty sure all creatures are dedicated to their own survival.""
"Eddie (with urgent seriousness): "Mommy, can I please climb on the refrigerator? I need to practice my rock climbing." (And yes, he is buck-naked.)"
"Jack: "Mom! We still need to talk about what we are going to do for my birthday, but we ALSO need to talk about what we are going to do for Father's Day!"
Me: "You're right! What should we do for Daddy on Father's Day?"
Jack: "Let's talk about my birthday first.""
"Me: "Eddie, do you want waffles for breakfast?" Eddie: "Yes!" Me: "With butter?" Eddie: "YES!" Me: "And syrup?" Eddie (uncertain): "Does syrup taste good?" Me: "Yes, it's very sweet." Eddie: "Then, YES!" Now all I have to do is teach him to answer the phone, "Eddie the Elf, what's your favorite color?" :)"
"OVERHEARD: (First, Eddison arguing with Jack about the order in which their stuffed animals went about some adventure.) Jackson: "No, Eddie! I distinctly remember he went from here to there!" :)"
"Jackson about his frog who went MIA this morning: "Mom, I'm really dummed about it." Me: "What?" Jack: "I'm really dummed that Hopper is missing." Me: "You mean 'bummed'?" Jack: "Yeah." :)"
"Continuing our discussion about finding a new frog... Me: "I'll bet we'll find some in the mountains this weekend!" Jack: "Why? Oh! Because it's peaceful and quiet there?" :)"
"And what does Eddie want for dinner the night before his big surgery? "Shausage and chocolate milk!"."
"Jackson just came in from playing outside, went (without a word) to the cupboard and got out a big garbage bag, then turned around to go back outside. I asked him what he was doing and he said (matter-of-factly), "Mom, I'm catching air.""
""Jack, from now on when you see Eddie without his undies on you have my permission to spank his bottom!". Jack (looking incredulous): "Why are you giving me this opportunity?!". (For the record, it was an attempt at a new anti-streaking campaign. Eddison lives to be naked. And no, it didn't work.)"
"Yesterday, Eddison had a doctor appointment. When Justin got home that evening he asked Eddie, "Where did you go today, Eddie?" And Eddie replied, "To the Hop-sicle!" I love that kid. :)"
"Eddison (holding up a tampon he found in the glove compartment): "Mom, what is this?" Me: "It's something that's only for mommies." (This answer usually works.). Eddie: "But what is it FOR?" Me: "Um.." *crickets chirping*"
"Me (Trying to decide what to make for dinner last night): "Jack, do you like tuna?" Jackson: "Who's that?""
"Just overheard - (Jack to Eddison while watching Horton Hears a Who): "Eddie, this is a funny part... So laugh!!""
No comments:
Post a Comment