Friday, December 09, 2011

Look Who's Walking (and otherwise adorable...)

He did it!  At just shy of 16 months Beckett is FINALLY walking!  He'd been flirting with the idea for several weeks now and had even taken a few steps here and there.  But for the most part he just didn't seem to have enough motivation to take the plunge into bipedal life.  Then on a Wednesday evening during mutual at church (I'd had to take the kids because Justin was out of town) Beckett became obsessed with crawling after the big boys (deacons, teachers & priests) who were playing basketball.  They were all being very sweet with him, some of them taking turns to stop playing so they could hold him and play with him.  Beckett was in heaven with all of that attention!!!  Then one of the boys, Cole, set him back down on his feet on the court and Beckett just started walking!  He spent the next twenty minutes walking (and falling, but that didn't deter him!) after each of the boys and the ball.  I was so happy and proud of him!!!  And since then he hasn't looked back. :)  So here's a big THANK YOU to the young men of the Matthews ward!  :)  

He may be walking and growing like a weed, but he's still my baby!

"Walking?  Meh - it's not that hard... I just didn't feel like doing it."
"I'm not sure this is exactly how these things work, but I have a feeling we're off to a good start."
"Okay, okay - you're right... I don't have eyes in the back of my head."
"Oh, for crying out loud, this is much more difficult than it looks."
"There we go.  Easy peasy, mom.  But you know, I'm not convinced that I have the bone structure for this style.  Maybe we should discuss contacts."

No comments: