Friday, January 06, 2012

Eleanor June's 3rd Birthday!

Eleanor June Wilde
01.06.12

Dear Norah,
Where to start?!  Maybe with how amazed I am that the past year has already flown by and suddenly you are three years old and have an opinion about what you want to wear.  Growing up with three brothers you are every bit as tough as 'one of the guys'... In fact, one of your favorite things to do is wrestle on the trampoline with Jack and Eddie.  If it's not wrestling, then it's worm hunting (even though you won't touch the worms :), watching Sonic Underground or Power Rangers, or begging me to let you go to preschool with Eddie.  When the big boys are at school you love to try to play 'Mommy' with Beckett (even though you can't pick him up any more) as your baby.  You love your brothers so much!  And they love you, too, sugar-bug.

Over the past year your vocabulary has flourished, you've started to love drawing and coloring, and your love of ALL babies has grown.  No matter where we are, if you see a baby you get excited and just have to tell me all about it.  You are SO excited to have a new baby sister soon and in fact, you think she is in YOUR tummy. :)  You've even used her as an excuse to get out of housework a few times:

Daddy:  "Norah, you need to help the boys pick up the play room."
Norah (adamantly... defiantly?):  "No!  I can't.  I too tired.  I have a baby in my tummy."  (Where she gets this I have no idea.  I have a baby in my tummy and am also tired, but I never get to use it as an excuse from housework, lol!  Although I suppose I could... But then who would clean the house? :)

Your favorite baby in the world right now is, "Baby Gavin."  And his name isn't just 'Gavin' - it's always 'Baby Gavin.'  You could spend hours just looking at him, petting his hair, lightly touching his hands and feet and giggling, laughing and getting excited when he smiles up at you, kissing his head, trying to give him his binky, etc. You love him so much that you were sad when you first found out your were going to have a baby sister because you wanted another boy baby like Baby Gavin.  (You are now excited about having a baby sister, though. :)

Some of the cutest things you say lately are when you talk about moving to Iowa.  Just the other day you said, "Mom, I moving to Iowa?"  And I said, "Yep!"  Then you happily replied, "Oh!  I moving to Iowa! (short pause) Mommy, are you coming, too?"  It was so funny! :)  Some other things:

You call your jeans your 'eans' - and your favorite pair are actually not real jeans, but jeggings.  Already a little trend-setter!

Your still call Eddie 'Eddie-O' most of the time - and I love it.

You love to dance and tell jokes (that don't make any sense), but you get embarrassed easily so I have to pretend like I'm not watching.

You love, love, love olives. :)

As of now you are weighing in at 29.4 lbs (25%) and are 36.5 inches tall (25%)

We love you so much, little June Bug!  Your sweet spirit brings such peace (most of the time) to a home where you are vastly outnumbered (for now) with brothers.  :)  We are so grateful for the joy you express in the world around you and in the little things that we so often fail to stop and take notice of.  We love you baby girl!  And we can't wait to see what this year will bring!
Love always,
Daddy, Mommy, Jack, Eddie, Beckett & Baby Sister
Our beautiful blue-eyed THREE year-old girl. :)  One of her favorite things is to be pushed on the swing - so we spent lots of time doing just that on her birthday!



Presents! :)

First up - a card and package from Grandma and Grandpa Wilde...
Cute clothes!  Norah loves her 'Bunny shirt'. 
Rapunzel!  Norah loves the movie Tangled, so we got her her very own Rapunzel doll. 
Great Grandma and Nana sent much appreciated gift cards to Barnes & Noble and Target. :)
And the crowning event... Chocolate cake!  That's all Norah kept asking for in the weeks leading up to her birthday... "I have a chocolate cake?!"
Happy Birthday, Eleanor June!  

No comments: