Friday, December 09, 2011

Thanksgiving (and all that jazz) 2011

Another Thanksgiving has gone by where I've forgotten to get pictures!  It was just such a busy day preparing more food than we could eat that the camera was forgotten.  

But rest assured that we are truly thankful for all of the blessings that have come to our family.  We are so grateful for health, for our home, for Justin's job, that Jackson is doing so well in Kindergarten and Eddie is shining in preschool, for our callings and for our friends.  We are so thankful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and the knowledge that we are building our forever family.  

Our company was amazing (We love you Uncle Chad and Aunt Danielle!).

And the food wasn't too shabby, either. :)  This year the menu included:

*Turkey (I tried brining for the first time this year and was pleased with the results. ;)
*Mashed potatoes (with gravy) made with cream cheese
*Homemade sausage stuffing
*Green Bean Casserole featuring sauteed onions, bacon and mushrooms
*Homemade rolls
*Pistachio fruit salad
*Caramel pecan pie
*Pumpkin pie
*Apple pie

The one picture I did get was of the first apple pie I've ever made. :)  It was pretty tasty heated up and served with vanilla ice cream.  Heaven.

No comments: