Monday, February 14, 2011

Let them eat CAKE!

Last week, Jayne came up from SC with not one, not two, but THREE birthday cakes!!! And not just your run of the mill Betty Crocker affair, either. Each of the cakes was custom made and decorated by her very talented self. As amazing as they looked - they tasted even better!
THANK YOU, JAYNE!!! Your talent continues to amaze me... I almost felt bad cutting into them! :)

For Eddison:
An awesome comic book style Hulk cake! It was a yellow cake (dyed green!) with purple homemade buttercream frosting and decorated with fondant and modeling chocolate.




A VERY happy Eddie-the-Hulk!



For the resident 29 year old:
An oh-so-fitting Diet Coke cake (can you say WOW?!). It was a homemade death-by-chocolate cake with homemade chocolate buttercream and decorated with hand-painted fondant. Uh-maze-ing!




For Norah:
A cake modeled after her very favorite book, 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar.' Again, amazing! It was a strawberry cake with homemade cream-cheese frosting and it was phenomenal. (Seriously, I need more adjectives!) Jayne used fondant, modeling chocolate, and skittles to decorate this beauty.




Think her smile reaches her eyes? :) I love her crazy hair, too!


(This is her 'I'll say 'cheese' to humor you' face. :)


Beautiful girl. :)

3 comments:

Molly said...

Gorgeous! I really want to try modeling chocolate. And I want to try painting fondant. I need to make a trip to the craft store.

merathon said...

you have got to be KIDDING me! these are amazing. if she doesn't have a business already, i see one in her future. . .

Anonymous said...

Oh my WOW!Love, love, love your diet coke cake-your sister is too cool & talented...appears to run in the family ;)