Wednesday, February 09, 2011

29: The List

For some reason I'm having a hard time reconciling that I am now 29 years old. It seems so . . . old! And now that I'm a mere 365 days away from turning 30 (gulp) I'm suddenly feeling the need to do something monumental during this last year in my twenties. So, for now, I'm going to compile a list of 29 goals for the year. Some may be quite lofty, but I AM aiming for monumental here.

1. Finish the books I haven't read on BBC's Top 100 list of must-reads. 25 down, 75 to go! (This will be much easier with my new Kindle! :)
2. Write a book (Fiction? Non-fiction? Autobiographical? Self-help? Wouldn't you like to know...)
3. Finally make blurb books for the years I've been blogging.
4. Run (or jog/walk/bear crawl) a 1/2 marathon.
5. Complete the USMC Mud Run Challenge.
6. Be 100% on my visiting teaching.
7. Make a quilt for Beckett.
8. Create the family photo wall I've been planning for the past few years.
9. P.I.A.N.O ('nuff said)
10. Do at least one service activity as a family per month.
11. Learn how to use all of the functions on my camera and improve my skills (and by improve I mean get some... Skills, that is.) by taking a photography class.
12. Get crafty (I know, I know... been there, done that. But I want to find something NEW to get jazz-hands about. Maybe sculpting? Mosaic? Watercolor? Play-doh?).
13. Make a fabulous play/learning room for my amazing little creatures (And kids, too, I suppose. :).
14. Learn how to sew skirts and dresses for Norah!
15. Explore more of Charlotte and the surrounding area during the week with my kiddos.
16. Start a book-club. (This should - at least in part - help me achieve goal #1. :)
17. Ride 'The Intimidator' at Carowinds (I feel like throwing up just thinking about it...)
18. Sing the National Anthem publicly - like at a sporting event of some kind. Maybe one of Jack's t-ball games? :) (Not quite sure how this one will pan out. I figure I'll put it down and worry about the logistics later.)
19. Whiten my teeth. Oh, yeah. (And on a related note - limit the amount of diet Coke I consume. Caffeinated or not.)
20. Visit D.C. (Exclamation, exclamation, exclamation!!!)
21. Road trip to Carlo's Bakery (the Cake Boss) to sample every.single.pastry they make. Anyone takers to ride shot-gun? :)
22. Take a hot air balloon ride over the blue-ridge mountains with Justin.
23. Go zip-lining with Justin. (Funny how Justin is getting roped into most of my list here. It's just more fun with him! :)
24. Try frog legs, alligator, s-cargo, and/or other bizarre and gross cuisine I have heretofore never sampled. Report on my findings.
25. Get a manicure and facial. I have never had either. Ever.
26. Swim with dolphins. Somewhere.
27. Learn how to play the ukulele. This will benefit me when Justin and I finally take a trip to Hawaii. (In fact, I think a Hawaiian vacation would be a great way to celebrate learning a new instrument!)
28. Read my scriptures daily and pray for guidance in everything. Have faith to follow that guidance. Serve others. Continue to teach my children to do the same. :)
29. Enjoy every moment with my beautiful children - who amaze and humble me daily, and my wonderful husband who supports me in everything (almost :). I am SO blessed!

4 comments:

Chad and Danielle said...

I am tired just reading that :) I want to go to Carlos Bakery!!!!!

merathon said...

wow-- you are aiming high, my friend! there are some pretty big things on that list so i will be MORE than impressed (and jealous for some of them!) if you do them all this year!

Lyndsey said...

Oh how I wish that one of these goals was to go on a cruise :( Miss you guys and was sad to hear that you were out. Bummer.

Train Gang said...

what a great list!! but seriously enough with the "29 old stuff" the more you mention it the older I feel! love ya