When spring arrives, a young man's thoughts turn to love...
Last week we I had the opportunity to spend the whole day with just Jack and Eddie (Justin watched Eleanor), as well as Jack's friend-since-birth, Riley. I planned a fun day at the nature museum to get us out of the house since Justin was working from home and was pleasantly surprised when Riley's Papa (Grandpa) dropped her off in the frilliest dress-up I'd ever seen. He had a change of clothes for her, but I thought she looked perfect. :) (Besides, I asked her if she wanted to change and she declined. :) So off to the nature museum we went! Two toads and a princess. :)
Who knew princesses liked to splash around with frogs in the water-pond? :)
This was pretty much the cutest thing ever... :)
Eddie had fun being the third wheel, but he greatly missed his buddy Tyler, Riley's brother, who was supposed to join us, but wasn't feeling well.
So instead, Eddie hammed it up for me and we had our own fun. :)
After the nature museum we continued the theme of the day by going to see Disney's The Princess and the Frog at the dollar theater. It was a very cute movie - though a little scary (for Disney) in parts. At one point Riley ducked down behind the seat and declared, "Miss Jessica, this part is just too scary!" :) Overall they all loved it, though, and I think we'll definitely be adding this to our movie collection. I was impressed with how well they all behaved, too. (Though I think the popcorn and soda helped out with that, lol. Between them they ate 1 3/4 Jumbo popcorns and drank one large diet coke. Pretty impressive! ;)
*********************
Love Story:
The other day in the car, Jack noticed something I had in the front seat as he was buckling himself into his car seat after preschool. He asked me what this particular thing was for and I answered, "That's the Easter gift I got Daddy." Ooops. Not wanting to inadvertently destroy the magic of the Easter Bunny, I quickly explained, "Because that's what you do when you're married... Daddy gets Mommy an Easter present because he's my husband and I get daddy Easter gifts because I'm his wife, and that's what wives do! The Easter Bunny brings you your gifts because you don't have a wife, yet."
Jackson thought about this for a moment and then said: "Mom, how do I get a wife?"
I replied (after laughing, of course): "Well, first you have to find a girl that you love very much. Then you need to ask her to marry you and then get married in the temple."
He then said: "But I already have you to be my wife."
(Insert my heart melting here...) I replied: "Aww... I love you very much, but I can't be your wife! I'm your mommy!"
After a minute he said thoughtfully: "I don't want to get married. I don't want to grow up. I'm going to stay a kid forever." (We've had this conversation before... And wouldn't you know he's NEVER even seen or heard of Peter Pan?! Lol. I'll bet he would love that movie... I need to find it.)
To which I smiled and said: "Well, that's fine with me! I don't want you to grow up either! And as long as you're a kid the Easter Bunny will bring you surprises on Easter morning."
Meanwhile, Eddie was in the far-back seat busy pointing out "Buzz Lightyear" sightings. :) Every time he sees an airplane and its exhaust trail he yells out, "Mommy, look! I see Buzz Lightyear!" Then I'll reply very excitedly, "Really?! Is he in his rocket?!" And he'll say, "Yes! He's flying in a-air with his rocket!" It's such a cute little game! :)
I. LOVE. MY. BOYS! :)
1 comment:
I love that so much.
Post a Comment