Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter 2010!

The sun was shining, Conference was beautiful (and tear-jerking), and the Easter Bunny was generous! Justin and I did our best to explain to the boys that Easter was a celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ... Hopefully they retained some of that information as they tore through their Easter baskets and hunted eggs in the backyard. :)

Easter Dinner! Honey ham, green bean casserole, fresh baked rolls, garlic mashed potatoes and gravy, and (not pictured) a Costco key lime pie (which looked better than any key lime pie I could make!). Wow... I'm hungry all over again!

The beautiful Easter dress Nana bought during her visit at Christmas-time. I've been waiting for months to put this on her! :)

"I feel pretty, oh so pretty..."

Deep thoughts...

Next year she'll get her chance at egg-hunting! :)

There was no fooling Jackson! He found almost every egg Justin (er.. I mean the Easter Bunny!) had hidden in the backyard. Justin and I secretly had to point eggs out to Eddie - just to make it even ;).

Eddie: 10% 3 yr. old terror, 90% ray of sunshine with the best laugh ever!

He was just as happy with his five eggs as Jackson was with his 15... (Don't worry - we combined ALL of the candy in the end and it is safely hidden to be distributed sparingly! :)

On the prowl...

She still has sleepy eyes, but don't be fooled! She had a death grip on her present from the Easter Bunny!

This year the Easter Bunny grew wise and decided to bring the kids gifts that can be used all year! Among other things, Jack and Eddie both got new camelback water bottles (which have come in handy in our 80+ degree weather lately!).
Mr. E. Bunny also left the boys coloring books/color wonder books, sidewalk chalk, a hot wheels car, and maybe a little candy. :)

Justin, as usual on holidays (he gets so excited, lol), was actually up before the boys to wake them up. The were so giddy when they saw the candy trail left by the Easter Bunny! I LOVE Easter morning! :)

Per tradition, the candy trail led the kiddos right to their baskets. Miss Norah got some new summer clothes, sidewalk chalk, and a super-soft stuffed bunny. We (I mean the Easter Bunny) figured that the boys would be more than generous sharing their candy with their baby sister... And we were right, lol! Eleanor got more than enough simply by begging. :)

No comments: