I blogged about a month ago about how Jack had been wait-listed for the soccer team we had signed him up for because we had foolishly underestimated just how many people actually sign their kids up during early registration. However, prayers were answered and we found out just a couple of weeks ago that a spot had become open and Jack was first in line! We were so excited! :) This past Saturday was Jackson's first practice and, of course, the whole family came along to cheer him on. He wasn't shy at all meeting his new coach and running around with the other kids as they arrived. Once they actually started dribbling and doing other little drills it became obvious that Jack - thanks to countless evenings and afternoons with Daddy in the backyard - knew what he was doing (aside from a few hand-touching-the-ball episodes, lol) played pretty impressively! He even showed Coach Fudd (funny name, right?! Lol!) how he could head the ball, lol.
After the practice we headed to a sporting good store recommended by Coach Fudd to buy Jack his first pair of cleats (which were optional, but Justin insisted :). We'd looked around and had had no luck finding his size at the stores we were familiar with) and shin guards. Jack was/is beyond happy with the whole experience! We're so looking forward to the rest of the season!
As for the hair... Apparently one of the little boys in Jackson's preschool class had a mohawk in class last week. Thus, come Monday morning Jack declared to me that he wanted to do his hair by himself and that I wasn't allowed to watch, lol. When he first came out of the bathroom his hair was completely matted with a handful of gel. He asked, "Do you like my hair?" Not knowing exactly what look he was going for, but being very entertained and proud that he'd even given it a try I replied, "It's awesome, buddy! Great job!" He just looked at me from the bottom of the stairs, shook his head, and said, "No - it looks bad. I need to do it again."
After retreating back to the bathroom for a few minutes he reappeared with an awesome mohawk and a big smile. He said, "Now it looks right! Don't touch it! I don't want you to fat (I think he meant 'flat', lol) it!" For the rest of the morning before school he was so cautious about anything or anyone touching his hair and kept asking me if it was 'fattened' (flattened). Luckily, I think he put enough gel in it to set it for life and this was how he looked right before I dropped him off:
Handsome boy!
Blue Steel
Miss Tracey informed me when I came to pick him up that ALL of the little boys were wearing mohawks that day, lol! Jack has done his hair now for the past three days and it's so dang cute to watch him put the time and effort into it. My firstborn is growing up so quickly!
****************************
Jackson's First Team Soccer Practice
Norah also wanted to play, but she's got a few years to go :).
After practice I reminded Jackson to say 'thank you' to his Coach - so he ran back as quickly as he could yelling, "Thank you!" Coach heard and saw him coming and held up his hand to give him a high-five. Little did he know...
That Wilde's don't give high-five's - Wilde's HUG! Lol! He totally bypassed the high-five and attacked him full-speed with a running Jackson hug (the best!).
Of course the assistant coach also got a big hug and, "Thank You!" :)
No comments:
Post a Comment