Easter just wouldn't be the same without the Scienski's Annual Easter-Egg Hunt and BBQ! I believe this year there were over 400 eggs hidden in their backyard! Add 15+ eager egg-hunters and it's total chaos (that lasts for about five minutes... It's astonishing how quickly the little ones can gather eggs)!
"The hungry predators eagerly awaiting their chance to be unleashed onto their unsuspecting prey..."
Daddy better watch out or he's going to get slimed!
Mommy and Eleanor enjoying watching the crazy older kids gather eggs.
Me and my chickadees...
As usual - there was no delay in Eddie opening his eggs to enjoy the candy inside!
Beautiful girl!
I was surprise Jack stopped long enough to let me take a picture! Granted, he gave me the cheesiest smile he could procure, but I'll take it. ;)
At first Eddie would find an egg, open it, eat the candy, and then move on to find another egg. Once he realized the other kids meant business about egg-hunting (along with some prodding from Justin and me), he finally picked up the pace and filled his bucket.
************************************************
For Jackson's preschool Easter Party we decided to make some fun Easter cupcakes! I can vouch from experience that they tasted just as good as they looked (who DOESN'T like funfetti cupcakes with Reece's Pieces eggs on top?!).
***********************************************
For FHE we did our annual egg-dying/Easter lesson. :) We talked about the real reason we celebrate Easter and then colored 18 eggs. The following day the boys ate them for breakfast, lunch, and snacks... ALL of them. (Well - to be fair I think a couple of them were just peeled for the heck of it because I swept up a fair amount of egg-carnage.) But - they were pretty while they lasted! :)
**********************************************
The weekend before Easter we were invited to one of my visiting teacher's (Sadie) home for a BBQ and egg-hunt (the first one of the season!). She has four boys and while I'd like to say the egg-hunt was the highlight of the evening for our little monster's - the REAL party was all about the laser lights! Yep - those little laser pen-lights kept Jack and Eddie entertained forever! They would chase them pretending they were bugs... It kind of reminded me of how cats will chase them for hours, lol. In fact - I think it may be a smart investment and an incredibly easy way to entertain the boys - though I wouldn't put it past them to burn their retinas or freak out our neighbors... Hmm... Something to think about for Christmas...
The kiddos
Daddy and the Little Miss
Jack is no longer a n0n-blue egg discriminator! :) We were interested to see if he would gather ONLY the blue eggs again (like he did last year), but this year he seems to be an equal opportunist.
Eddie had a hard time grasping the concept that taking time out to eat the candy = finding fewer eggs. Like he cared. :)
1 comment:
Looks that there was a good time had by all!! And what gorgeous weather....yeah, it is really hard to have an egg hunt in the rain!!
Lucky you!!!!
Post a Comment