1. The other day I was 'prepping' (i.e. cutting the crusts off) a piece of whole-grain bread for Jackson to snack on (seriously - he loves just plain ol' bread). He came into the kitchen and saw what I was doing and said, " 'Top (stop)! Does that part have protein and calcium in it?!" I said, "Yes, it does." And he said, "I need that part to make my bones grow and to be 'trong!"
Isn't it great when you realize that your kids listen to at least some of the things you try to teach them? :)
2. Last week Jackson told Ms. Mary Beth (his preschool teacher) all about his new pet rat. She said, "Now Jackson, I think having a pet rat would give me the creeps!" He adamantly replied, "My rat a-NOT have the creeps!"
3. While I was cleaning the kitchen I heard the following conversation between Justin and Jack:
Justin: "Jackson, do you know what to do if someone starts hitting you?" (I'm thinking - tell a teacher or a parent?)
Jackson: "Yeah." (I think he thought this was a trick question...)
Justin: "You punch and kick them as hard as you can... And if you really want to hurt them, you punch them right here in the nose."
Those are pearls, Just. I can't wait to clear this one up when Ms. Mary Beth informs me that Jackson has gone Ender on some kid on the playground, LOL! (Yes, I just did an Ender's Game reference.)
(I asked Justin about it later and he claimed he was just teaching Jackson self-defense. Hmm...with what? A good offense? LOL!)
2 comments:
Ok the last one really cracks me up. When we got your Christmas card Matt was telling me about how much Justin has changed since high school. (this is all in an almost proud parent kinda way) He said that he used to get in a fight every September. I will let Matt know that all is not forgotten just now being transfered to the kids! Love it.
That is so funny! I love the part about calcium and protein in the bread. He is so smart!
Post a Comment