Saturday, July 12, 2008

Catching UP!


We're back!  And boy does it feel good!  A quick update on the situation:  our hard-drive was unable to be repaired and no files were retrieved.  However, there is a company somewhere in the mid-west that we have been referred to that is supposedly the best in the business.  After consulting with them over the phone they are almost positive they can restore most if not all of our photos.  The clincher is they charge much more than we can actually afford right now so until bonus time the hard-drive is safely packaged and stored in an airtight container.  The immense terror of the situation has been somewhat assuaged since reviewing just how many photos I had managed to put on our three separate photobucket accounts, costco.com and the discs from all of our professional photo shoots.  If the worst happens and our hard-drive is impenetrable, thank goodness we still have hundreds of photos saved.  (What a blessing!)

To ease the pain of this tragedy, Justin bought me a new MacBook (which arrived yesterday and which I'm using now!).  It's amazing!  I admit to having a former prejudice against Mac which I'm positive stemmed from how user UN-friendly they were when I was in grade school.  What a difference a decade... plus a few years... makes! :)



To sweeten the deal - since I'm a current student of BYU I qualified for a promotion that not only discounted the cost of the MacBook, but also threw in a FREE ipod Touch!  Sadly - we lost ALL of our itunes so our current playlist is just one song... Mana's "En El Muelle de San Blas" ('Our' song since our dating days...awww...:)  It's just one we can't live without. :)



   

2 comments:

ajjdnndm'smom said...

SO GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK!!!!
I HAVE MISSED YOU!!!!

ajjdnndm'smom said...

SO GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK!!!!
I HAVE MISSED YOU!!!