Eddison's in deep concentration as he manuevers the vehicle to safety...Last weekend we had the pleasure of taking Jackson's friend Katelyn - whose mommy was in the hospital having just had Kate's new baby brother - (Joshua Andrew, 9 lbs. 8 oz., 20" - perfect and absolutely adorable!) to the Carolina Raptor Center with us. We hadn't been there for almost two years (Jack was about 10 months and Eddie was still at twinkle in our eyes), but it was just as fun as we'd remembered! We let the kids just roam the trails and had so much fun watching them interact with nature!
Mother's Day (more like weekend!) was fabulous! I think I've gained about five pounds! LOOK at how spoiled I was!!!:
* On Saturday Justin and the boys took me shopping and bought me a beautiful new dress from the Ann Taylor outlet - (LOVE that store!).
* While shopping I also scored a gourmet caramel apple and lunch at the California Pizza kitchen. (Love their four cheese, basil, and fresh tomato pizza!)
* This morning I woke up to two of the most amazing little miracles jumping on me and each holding a special card they had picked out and added their own drawings to. Jackson was exclaiming, "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!" over and over again... I think he received some coaching before the attack. :-)
* Justin made cornmeal and whole wheat Belgian waffles with strawberries and chocolate whipped cream for breakfast. Y U M!!!
* He had also gotten up early to clean the house!
* Justin's mom sent me a copy of Jane Clayson Johnson's book, 'I am a Mother'. I can't wait to read it! THANK YOU!!!
* For dinner Justin (and grill-master Jack) made shrimp tacos.
* Dessert (which I'm eating as I type this!): peanut butter brownies - (made by my amazing husband!) and strawberry cheesecake ice-cream.
I wish Mother's Day came every weekend! THANK YOU, Justin!!! You definitely made me feel special and loved! (Well, you do every day, but I felt EXTRA special and loved this weekend!) I think it will take a week to get off this sugar high though! LOL!!!
6 comments:
Happy Mother's Day yesterday! Looks like you had a wonderful day...those waffles look amazing. You really are an amazing mother and I hope that I can keep the same patience and sense of humor as you when I have children of my own.
Also, Matt had lunch with Justin's dad last week, and he said you'd probably be coming to Portland this summer. Let us know when so we can come by and say hi.
Wow, that was quite the weekend! I think it's safe to assume you are much loved by those boys of yours ;)
and omg, I must have some of those waffles-yum!
Hi Jess,
how great is mother's day? glad you had a god one. :0) your b'fst looked super yummy!- Audrey G.
Such cute pictures!!! Some lucky person has DARLING grandchildren!!!Maybe we could photoshop them with Jessica's blog pictures and pretend they were together on Mother's Day!!!
wow, I didn't know Justin was such a Culinary Artist! really all of those meals sound very artistic and they didn't come from a box. Good job Justin. And you are such a skinny-minny...you look awesome! Jessica you'd have to eat straight for days and still no one would notice
My mom got me the same book, and I looove it!
Post a Comment