Sunday, February 07, 2010

Breaking News: Eddison is 3 years old!

On February 6, 2007, our little Eddison joined our family making Jackson a big brother and Justin and me the very proud parents of two wild boys. Eddie was born smiling. While Jack was independent from the womb and not very ticklish, Eddison loved to snuggle (still does) and laughed when we even hinted at tickling him (still does this, too!).




Dear Eddie,

Yesterday was your 3rd birthday! The day started early as you crawled into bed to snuggle with Daddy and me right around 5:30 am (as ususal). We told you it was your birthday and you very excitedly talked about having a birthday cake. When Jackson woke and joined the party we let you both go downstairs where your birthday present was waiting for you:


Yep. Your Daddy finally talked me into agreeing on getting you (and Jack) a Power Wheels. I think it's because he secretly wants to drive it, too. :) Needless to say, you love your new Ford F150 - Harley Davidson version. You and Jack rode it all afternoon while Daddy supervised and Eddie, you are fearless! You have two speeds: stop and full throttle (5 mph)!

After going out for your birthday dinner at the Texas Roadhouse, we came home and lit the candles on your much anticipated ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. Sadly, you still do not like cake at all! Instead you simply lick the frosting off and leave the cake. So instead of sticking a few candles into a tub of frosting (the thought did cross my mind!) we got you your very own little ice cream cake. We had to sing twice since Jackson blew the candles out the first time, but you did a great job all on your own on the second take. :) (I forgot to get pictures since I was taking video. :)





Eddie, we love you so very much! Every day you melt our hearts with your beautiful smile and contagious laugh. You talk non-stop and love to play with your big brother - even if he can be a pain sometimes. :) You are such a sweetheart, too, sharing toys, food, bugs, etc. I love that every morning when you first see me you smile so so big and yell, "MOOOMMMM!" While running and giving me a flying-Eddie hug. (You also do this greeting whenever I pick you up from someone's house or am gone from the room for more than 10 minutes and then return. I love it!)

When you are happy you tell us... Daddy and I love it when you say, "I so happy with you!" Or, "Mommy, I so happy!" Our family would definitely not be complete without, "My Eddie, my Eddie." Thank you for who you are, Eddie-O. We love you so very, very much! (Even more than you love chocolate milk! :)

Love,
Daddy, Mommy, Jackson & Eleanor

3 comments:

Train Gang said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDDIE! how could 3 years have gone by???!!!! the truck with all three kids on is probably the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Katie said...

Oh man, I'm so jealous of Eddie's new wheels. *I* want a powerwheels! But alas, no space in the garage...

I cannot believe our babies are already turning 3!! Weren't we just ttc them?

Happy Birthday to a sweet little guy, love, Lila ;)

ajjdnndm'smom said...

When I saw the picture with all three kids I did a flash back of when I would take pictures of my first three.....only it was 2 girls and then a boy....your Justin!! I love those pictures and treasure them just like you treasure yours!! Cute kids!!