Dear Jackson,
Today was your very first Primary Program! You had one line, "Heavenly Father listens to and answers my prayers," that you practiced over and over all week. We listened to the program songs in the car every day for weeks while we were driving to and from pre-school, and you learned almost all of them. Your favorite is the one about the temple and you sing it so sweetly when you think we're not listening! When it was finally your turn to stand up in front of the podium you smiled really big, waved at us, and said, "Heavenly Father, thank you. Amen." Not quite what you were supposed to say, but sweet none-the-less. When we later asked you why you didn't say your real line you said, "I got scared."
Well, we think you did great anyway and are so proud of you! You kept us entertained, little man. :) Daddy and I love you very much and we are so grateful to have you in our family. When you sing about the temple it melts our hearts and we thank Heavenly Father for the sweet spirit you bring to our home.
Love,
Mommy & Daddy
5 comments:
How cute! I can just imagine him singing about the temple. I love that kid.
That is so awesome! Primary sacrament meeting is my favorite!
Okay....that brought tears to my eyes. I LOVED it...what a sweet little guy!
Tell him that we proud! Just getting up to the podium is HUGE in our family!!! (Simi got half way to the podium for her one-liner and broke down to sobbing...actually dropping to her knees (think drama queen style)). So in my book just to get up there and say Amen is commendable!
P.S. I told Simi after church that it was ok, she could do it next year. She said there was no way she was ever doing a primary program again.
Hi, I just came across your blog and wanted to share my site with you since you have a cute little girl! Im doing a christmas special buy 4 get your 5th FREE! Hope youll check it out! :)
www.Sugarandspice1.etsy.com
Thanks!
Post a Comment