Monday, November 19, 2007

Where have we been?!

Recently, life has been interesting to say the least! Two weeks ago today we put Jackson down to bed and all was well in the world. The next morning I went for a run around 5 a.m. and still, all was well. When I got back and began climbing the stairs to take a shower, I encountered a familiar and wretched smell...the closer I got to Jack's room the worse it became. My suspicions were confirmed when I opened the door to his room and was floored with the overwhelming stench of fresh vomit. *GAG* Jack had slept right through his vomit-fest so I woke him up and gently carried him to the 'BIG' tub (a.k.a. "Mommy and Daddy's bath"). He was delighted to get to take a tub in the morning - bath time is usually every night before bed. Meanwhile, Justin sat with him and I cleaned up his room and mentally prepared myself for a day of puke.
Later in the morning a friend of mine called to see if I was going to playgroup. I told her it was a no go since Jack had gotten sick and I wasn't sure if it was a fluke or if he had a bug and I didn't want to spread germs. Two minutes after our conversation she called back to say that her daughter had just thrown-up all over the backseat of her car! A few hours after this call I found out another friends' daughter had thrown-up in their car as well...And yes, yet another friends' daughter was also throwing-up. The culprit....NURSERY!!! It was an epidemic! Luckily Jack only threw up that one time and other than that was his usual, crazy (maybe just a tiny bit less crazy than usual) self. By day 2 he was back to Hurricane force energy. But then Eddie threw up. That's right...the little man himself got the bug and it affected him much worse. While he always maintained a happy demeanor, he threw up everything he drank and ate for two days. However, he was soon better and I thought we were done with the stomach issues. Until Sunday came along...

Almost a week after Jackson first got sick I woke up feeling queasy. It was our big primary program at church though and I didn't want to miss sitting with my little CTR 5 class so I went anyway. Not the best decision. It was all I could do not to get sick during the program...luckily I held it off until we were dismissed for Sunday School/Primary. Then I had a friend get Justin for me and made it about 40 feet (yes - to the parking lot) and got sick again. Once home I was pathetically camped in front of our downstairs bathroom (the ONLY one out of three that's working, I might add! Jackson has flushed various toys down the other two and Justin is adamant that he can fix them himself! I have no doubts in his ability - just serious doubts in his actually getting the time to do it!) for the rest of the day - getting sick on an hourly basis until about 9 p.m. It was the same bug that a friend of mine had just had two days previously so I knew what to expect. The next day I was tired and sore from being sick, but felt so much better! It was literally a 24 hour flu. By day three I felt like I had never been sick at all!
Justin - with his IRON stomach (courtesy of Bolivia and the super-bugs he picked up while he was there!) only got a touch of the bug, but never got sick. Just a little nauseated and tired.

Anyway - we're all better now! I've bleached as much as possible so I hope our home is now bug free! It seems most of the mom's I go to playgroup with had some form of the bug, too so hopefully we're all done spreading it around!

Now maybe I can get back to finishing our Christmas gifts for everyone! I'm beginning to suspect I may have bitten off more than I can chew...Hmm...interesting how pre-children I used to feel like I didn't have enough time to get some things done....WHAT WAS I THINKING?! :-)

No comments: