1. Over the past couple of months Jackson has really gotten into playing pretend and his all-time favorite things to make up are monsters! Last week I went into his room in the morning to get him from his crib and found him standing up and peering out of his window. I exclaimed, as usual, a big "GOOD MORNING, JACKSON!" He immediately put his finger to his lips and said, "SHH!!!"
"What is it, Jack?" I whispered...
He whispered back, "Look, a monster!"
"A monster?! Is it outside?"
"Yes, there!"
"Well, is it a girl monster or a boy monster?"
"Hmmm," he thought a minute while he put his finger over his chin in deep concentration, "A BOY monster!"
"A boy?! Well, what's his name?!"
"Hmmm," another moment of thought and then a decided, "MONSTER BOY!"
2. During his bath a few days ago I pushed Jackson's belly button and said, "ON!" like it was an 'on/off' switch. I couldn't help it since he's got the funniest button ever...When he's sitting it's a total 'outie', but when he stands up it becomes an 'innie'. He thought it was SO funny that I found an 'on' button and he kept pushing his little outie for the rest of the bath saying, "Jackson ON!"
A little while later, while I was giving Eddison his turn in the tub and Jack was running around in a diaper, he ran up to me and frantically showed me his button - which at this point was now an innie since he was standing - and said, "Mama! Button a-broken! Fix it, a-please?!" After laughing I explained to him that his button can turn ON and OFF! :-)
3. Lady-Bug catching is Jackson's new favorite past-time...besides hunting monsters, of course! While in the playroom I noticed a lady bug climbing the screen on one of the windows and called Jackson over to look at it. He was in love! So of course I had to take him outside to look for more. I bundled the boys up and a-huntin'-we-did-go! Jack found quite a few of the little beauties and in his eagerness to hold them he may have been a little too rough with a couple of them. He finally managed to get a couple on his fingers and was the happiest Jackson in the world! To the ones that would fly no more he said, "Shh, mama! A lady-bugs a-sleeping!"
4. Since Justin's job has required that his team work later hours I have had to come up with a new routine to help fill the post-nap/pre-bed hours which seem to be the most prone for toddler melt-downs and impatient Eddie's. My solution? Take them to the park! So last week we discovered a new park and Jack was hooked! (It really is a great park with tons of play equipment and soft padding underneath EVERYTHING! A mommy's dream!) Jackson loved 'playing with' (which really meant running after) the older boys (5-6 year olds). He kept yelling, "Hey guys! Hey guys!" Trying to get them to slow down...It made me so sad to see him trying to keep up with the boys, but Jackson just acted like he was one of them! It was pretty adorable! Anyway - on the way home from the park he was giving me his usual detailed commentary on what he could see out the window and I heard, "Mama! Look! A monkey-cycle!!"
"A what?" I asked.
"A MONKEY-CYCLE!" Then it clicked...we had just been passed by a MOTOR-cycle! I laughed pretty hard and immediately called Justin to let Jack tell him what he'd just seen. (Jackson loves to talk on the phone now.)
"Daddy, a-Mama a-driving, a-outside a-MONKEY-CYCLE!"
Justin, on speaker-phone, said, "Really?!"
And Jackson said, "Yes, a monkey-cycle! I wuv you, Daddy! Bye!" Then he hung up...without letting Justin say anything more...(okay, so he loves to talk, but he hasn't quite figured out the etiquette of saying goodbye.) :-)
Here's Jackson pointing to the lady-bug on the screen of the window. "Mama, I like it, lady bug!"
No comments:
Post a Comment