Mother's Day (weekend) 2010 was wonderful! Healthy and happy kids who picked out perfectly funny cards (Jackson's motto was apparently 'Go big or go home!'), a wonderful husband who cleaned the house, made me a wonderful dinner of Shrimp tacos with pineapple salsa, spanish rice, beans, cheesecake, and Hershey pie, AND bought me a one-hour prenatal massage (which I plan on cashing in soon!), a loving Mother-in-law who sent me an adorable little plaque that reads, "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." (I couldn't agree more!), and one of the highlights - Jackson made (and wrapped) me a present at preschool and he said, "You have to be careful with it because it's glassable! And it's NOT a frame!" :)
The weather was beautiful and I couldn't have been more grateful or more happy to be celebrating this very special day with those I love!
Jackson, Eddison, Eleanor, and Sprout - I love you all so very much and am thankful to you all for making me a mom. You and your Daddy are my greatest joys!
In fact, I may or may not ask her to fold her arms more than necessary just because it's so darn cute!
Saturday-before-Mother's Day soccer-practice. Norah prefers the 'adult' seating for graham cracker snacking. ;)
Eddie's favorite pastime during Jack's practice is to chase the geese that frequent the church parking-lot. He'd run after them for the entire hour if I let him! ;)
That particular Saturday was Jackson's team picture day! Some of the kids didn't make it in time for the picture (it was early), but we managed to get Jack there on time (barely!). And wouldn't you agree that he's by far the most adorable member of the team?! :)
"Jack Rabbit, Hurricane." Even though your love of moving-things includes spiders I love that you're so passionate about all creatures just like your mom. I have no doubt that I'll see you on Animal Planet someday! :) You are such a sweet boy (who still gets excited when I arrive to pick you up from school) and I'm so proud of what a great big brother you are!
"My little angel, sugar-bug, hummingbird." Your constant babbling and sweet spirit brighten everyone's day. You love to bring me books and then sit down and wait patiently for me to read them to you. You also love to bring me shoes and promptly sit and wait expectantly for me to put them on your feet. One of your favorite things is when I put a hair clip in your hair... You'll hold very still and once the clip is in you just smile and laugh like you KNOW how cute you are! Already such a lady! :)
"My Eddie, my Eddie." You, my little curly-haired monster, are always a mess and, at three years old, constantly either making me more frustrated than I've ever been (well, since Jack was three years old, anyway) or making me laugh and melting my heart with your snuggles and fake-serious facial expressions. I love that you still love your stuffed animals (mostly Doggie) and that you still need lots of cuddles.
What Mother's Day would be complete without jumping on the trampoline in just your undies?! :) The boys had just finished running in the sprinkler (fully clothed, obviously) and only had a little bit of time before bath time to stay outside - so we let them just strip down and jump in the semi-nude. It was so funny to watch! I love my boys!
Sprout (at almost 22 wks.) - I don't know whether you are a boy or a girl, what color hair you'll have, or what color eyes you'll have. Will you have my nose? Daddy's ears? Will you sleep well like your siblings? Be a champion nurser like Eddie or have a palate shape that requires bottles like Jack and Norah? How tall will you be and how much will you weigh at birth? Will you be early, on-time, or late?! These are all questions that I don't have the answers to yet... But I do know:
You have the hiccups ALL of the time! At least three times a day and I LOVE the constant reassurance that you're really in there and with me (as though I needed more reassurance with the rate at which my belly has been growing lately, lol!) :). Your most active time is late evening (like right now!) when I'm finally resting after a long day of chasing after your siblings. I LOVE to feel your little kicks and rolls! Jackson felt you for the first time last week and it brought tears to my eyes to see how excited he was to know that you were actually in there. I hope you can feel how excited we ALL are as we anticipate your arrival in just a few short months! I can't wait to meet you and to name you. To cuddle you and to introduce you to your loving brothers and sister. Daddy and I already love you so very much! Thank you for making this Mother's Day special in your own sweet little ways, little Sprout!
1 comment:
I just LOVE reading your blogs!! I check them every day and I was so happy tonite as I checked them just before going to bed!! I LOVE seeing the pictures, reading about the kids, and feeling the love you have for your sweet family!! Yes, you are one blessed little momma and they are blessed to have YOU!!
Post a Comment