Saturday, July 18, 2009

Overheard...

Justin is an amazing father.  An amazing father who almost always gives in to the requests of his demanding boys ... except in one area.  TV.  Often times he's reduced to using various form of manipulation and reverse psychology in order to watch the show he wants and not Curious George (or Happy Feet - the current fave).  Here's an example of his latest trick - overheard last night while I was making dinner:

Justin: (finally landing on a show after flipping through the menu 200 times):  "Oh no, Jackson.  You don't want to watch this.  It's way too scary."
Jackson:  (sitting next to Justin and requesting - i.e. demanding - "George" or "Batman"!)  No, it's not too 'cary!  I not 'cared!
Justin:  (In his best 'scared' voice.)  "Yep.  It's just too scary.  You don't want to watch this."
Jackson:  "Daddy, it's not 'scary!  I can watch it - see, I not 'cared.  What is it?"
Justin:  "It's called 'Hoosiers'."


4 comments:

Train Gang said...

LOL! mine always asks..." is this a scary 'daddy show' or is it for girls?" cause they have heard the same speech. these dads.

ajjdnndm'smom said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

merathon said...

i even grew up in indiana and i wasn't allowed to ever watch hoosiers-- MUCH too scary...

Chad and Danielle said...

Yeah, they did that to me too :) He had plenty of practice