Friday, July 24, 2009

Let The Games Begin!

*Cue "Eye of the Tiger" music*

Let the first annual WILDE FAMILY STAY-CATION begin!!! That's right - we're taking the advice of financial advisors everywhere and saving money by 'stay-cationing' instead of buyng FOUR plane tickets to Montana (yeah, not gonna happen when tickets are always $500+ - gotta love rural living and an airport boasting one gate) or Portland.  Hopefully next year I will talk Justin into road-tripping out to the West Coast.  We have a mini-van... Doesn't that obligate us to attempt such foolish endeavors?!  I don't think it would be half-bad if we got a portable DVD player, some duct-tape, and Benadryl ;).  

Anyway, tomorrow we commence phase one of our journey:  A trip to the LDS Cannery in SC to help fill orders from our Ward (I've been wanting to do this for a long time!!!), and then on to my little sister's house (on Shaw Air Force Base in SC) where she and her cute little family have so graciously offered to let us visit for a couple of days.  

The rest of the week is tentative and contingent on the weather, but we do know that our ultimate goal is to have the kids completely exhausted after a week of non-stop FAMILY FUN!  :)  Assuming we survive the massive amounts of fun we're about to experience I will recap everything next Sunday.  Until then - we're on STAY-CATION! 
       

4 comments:

Jennie said...

The kids museum in Columbia SC is super fabulous if you haven't been there before. Its called EDventure. Catherine and I went and played there while Jon helped at the cannery on a previous trip the ward had.

Train Gang said...

I love that you went to the Cannery as part of your week of fun!!! That is Saintly. That definately earns Heavenly brownie points.

Audrey said...

totally have eye of the tiger stuck in my head now (maybe that'll help me clean up the kitchen instead of stalling by reading blogs :0)). can't wait to hear about your fun adventures. :0)

Train Gang said...

you are so cute. I think its AWESOME that you envy the baby belly already. I seriously want you and Justin to have like 8+ kids...will you please? you are so dang good at it, and then we can live vicariously through your fam!